

The kids and I had a fun weekend in Ohio visiting with Joe's family. We got there friday afternoon and Maggie wasted no time getting in the pool. Owen slept most of the evening and only woke up in time to eat some Donatos pizza with us. (sorry Joe) The next day we headed to Piqua which is where they were having their family reunion.

There was a really good turn out and it was nice to get to meet some of Joe's exteneded family that I hadn't met before. He also has a cousin that is living in Italy right now and getting ready to move to Germany, so it was nice to talk to someone else who experiences the same European frusterations as me. Maggie had fun with all the kids there, she didn't play so much as just watch them.
She stuck with her Uncle Matt most of the day since that was the only day that they got to see each other. I wish Joe could have gotten to go, I know he would have liked to have gotten to see all his cousins and their kids.
After letting the kids nap that afternoon, Maggie wanted to swim again so Matt got in with her and she had a blast. She loves jumping in, and Debbie and I had done our share of catching her the day before so we left it up to Matt that day.




Owen also got in with his Papa and really liked the water. The water was super warm so it felt just like his bath.

The kids played with Matt and Isaac some after swimming and then we got ready to head back to the hotel to go to bed. Maggie kept complaing of her belly hurting. She was scratching it so I thought i must itch. I loaded them up in the car and as I was getting ready to back out I found out exactly what the problem was...Maggie threw up everywhere. I had noticed she hadn't eaten so well that day but just thought she was excited about seeing everyone. She obviously had some sort of bug because she was sick all night long until 5 am. Thankfully, Debbie came to the hotel and stayed with me so I woudln't have to be alone with the 2 of them while Maggie was sick. She got up with Owen the next morning, although I know she was as tired as I was, and took him downstairs so Maggie and I could sleep in some. She said Owen was in a great mood and entertained everyone in the lobby all morning. He is such a little ham. When Maggie woke up she seemed to feel better, so we headed back to mom and dad's house that afternoon. Thankfully, we made it there without anyone getting sick or even crying much on the ride home. Maggie didn't eat much yesterday, and still isn't acting 100% like herself but thankfully she isn't sick anymore. We are just hanging out here today and going to cook out with PK and Jim this evening so that will be fun. I havent' decided if we are going to go to the fireworks tonight, they start pretty late and with Maggie being sick I doubt she is up to it. Well, hope you all have a fun 4th of July.
1 comment:
We got O's pic. today. I love it! Thanks so much. We are going for pictures tomorrow so I'll be sending them soon.
Post a Comment