Wednesday, August 23, 2006

The Compton Lodge!!



We spent last night in Harrodsburg, KY with our friends Wendy and Johnny and their kids Annie and Tristan. Most of you probably remember them from the blog when they came to visit us in Germany. They have a GORGEOUS log home out in the country and it is beautiful there as you can see. We had so much fun and had a great dinner with them. I think poor Wendy had slaved all day we had so much great food! We also had the best steaks I had ever had which I believe were cooked on a "big green egg" grill. Whatever it's called, I want one when we get back to the US. They have cats outside which Maggie loved and chased all over the place.
She also got a ride in Annie's barbie convertible and absolutley loved it.




You would have thought she was in a roller coaster she was so excited. Annie let her have a turn to drive it but Maggie didn't understand that she had to steer too so that didn't last long.










Owen had fun in their little car and also got a little basketball practice.
















Able to hang on the rim at age 1.......here comes the next Jordan!



Anyhow, we had so much fun with them and hope to see them again on our way home from Louisville.
The kids and I got to Nick and Neila's about 3 or so today. We dropped Joe off at a golf course in Frankfort to meet Nick on our way here. They played golf and got home around 7 or so this evening.






The kids just had fun playing with all the toys Neila had out for them.

















They also enjoyed seeing baby Carson, who is getting so so big and was proud to show us his muscles!





How cute is that.






Neila and I have had so much fun just talking and catching up. We plan to shop a little tommorow and leave the dad's in charge for awhile! We had burgers tonight and Neila and I took the kids for a walk. The guys obviously were worn out from their tough day of golfing. :)







They were both in bed by 10, hopefully they will be all rested up for their day of mommy duty tommorow.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry the proud dad that I am, there was no trick photography in the basketball picture, my son, is strong enough to hang from the rim on his own... I thought it was awesome!!!

Anonymous said...

Compton looks nothing like I imagined