Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Maggie and friends

We were so sad to leave KY, we had so much fun with Nick, Neila, and Carson. Maggie LOVED baby Carson and did a great job helping with him, especially in the car when she was the official "carson watcher." We got back to mom and dad's sunday afternoon and mom had Maggie's soup all ready for her. Dad and Joe wasted no time getting to the golf course and have been there everyday since. Monday Joe and I went out shopping for the day and stocked up on some things we needed. Tuesday morning I asked Maggie who she would like to see that day, she thought for a minute and said, "Nicholas." So I called Karri up to see if she and Nicholas wanted to get together. We went to their house and the kids played really well, then we went to lunch at McDonalds where they had a blast.

They loved playing on the playground although neither of them were too fond of going very high up in it. Karri and I made one trip through with them and told them from there on they were on their own! They had so much fun and play so well together, when we were leaving they gave each other a huge hug and then Maggie said, "how bout a kiss." Nicholas said no, and began running from her. Maggie was determined to get her kiss and chased him down and kissed him. She smiled and said, "i got it". On the way home she told me Nicholas was her best buddy, then she said,,,,oh and O-bo (owen) too.
The kids are really begining to play with each other more, but Maggie basicially refuses to share ANYTHING with Owen. He is beginning to fight back and has figured out that it hurts her when he pulls her hair so that is his defense. Last night we all went to a park in Nitro to let the kids play and they had alot of fun.

We then hit up the Dariy Queen before coming home to take one of our last walks here before we leave. I am going to get Owen's hair cut today in a bit and Maggie and mom just went to the store to get more potatos since she told mom she just "had to have more soup." I don't know who is going to be sadder when we leave, mom or maggie. She's mom's shadow going with her wherever mom goes. I know mom will say she will be hands down. :)

2 comments:

Mary said...

Meg,
Safe travels! I am sorry we didn't see each other this time, but hopefully we can work it out next time. I'm praying for you guys to have an event free flight home!

Anonymous said...

Not a doubt in my mind who is the saddest!! Meg, it was a great summer for us. One that we will remember for a long time. Thanks Joe for sharing your family with us.
We just got home and the house is too quiet. And to add to our misery it is raining, and I think fall is here. I am ready for spring and summer!!!