This past week we spent trying to get things a little more together around here, although I didn't accomplish much. Joe took off on Friday but spent most of the day with Nick taking signs to people who are selling their home through their new business. (you can check out their website at fsbolocal.com and go to KY, or area code 40065) Joe's parents and brother came up that evening and we went out to eat at Mark's Feed Store which is one of Joe and I's favorite places to eat, so we were glad to have an excuse to go eat there. Saturday we didn't have much planned, their trip got cut short though since Joe's dad got sick and they ended up leaving that afternoon to head back home so that he could see his doctor. It snowed quite a bit that day so we just stayed in and kept warm and played with the kids. Joe and I had been craving PF Changs (our new favorite place to eat) so around 6 I headed out to Louisville to brave the snow and pick up carry out. This is normally about a 30 minute drive from our house or so......by the evening the roads were pretty bad and it took me 2 hours to get there and back home. The food was great as usual, but I don't know if it was worth all that drive time! We got up this morning and decided to go to the early service at church which is at 9. We ususally go to the 10:30 one, but thought we'd get our day going. Church was really good and Maggie had fun in class. When I went to pick her up the teacher said, " she is sure a talker" Turns out Maggie had piped in when they asked what everyone was thankful to God for and told them she was thankful for all her dogs........lucky, penny, clifford, and peanut. Well, the teachers are now thinking that Maggie lives in a dog pound so when she told me that I cracked up and told the lady that all these dogs are stuffed. She thought it was so cute adn said Maggie went on and on about how they bark all the time and showed them how each dog barked. How funny is that. Owen didn't enjoy his class as much since it was just him for the first half or so. Attendence was low today with all the snow and ice, plus the 1st service is always lower too. He was okay after another kids showed up to his class though. We were home from church a little after 10:30 which felt so weird, but it was nice to have the rest of our day.
We got the kids all bundled up and Joe took them out to play in the snow. I believe this is their first time of playing out in the snow really. How funny is that since we lived in Illinois for like 3 years.



I couldn't find their gloves anywhere so I improvised with some of mine, Maggie ended up ditching hers before too long though.
They had fun, althogh Owen kept falling face first in the snow since he was so bundled up. He was pretty mad about it by the time we went in as you can see.
Joe and Maggie made a little snowman

and Maggie insisted we bring it inside and put him in the freezer.

(you can see him behind her to the left) She told me we could never take him out because he would melt like frosty. So if you come to our house, now you know why there is a red eyed snowman in our freezer.
After a lunch of some hot chilli the kids went to bed and so did I. When I woke up Owen was standing by the bed and Maggie was in bed with me. I slept longer than expected and Joe and Owen had gone to get haircuts, which look really cute.
Owen got a sticker this evening and put it right between his eyes and would not let me take it off. He had it on for several hours before I took it off him as I put him to bed. He is so silly, and looked so goofy but he seemed so proud of it. (he must have known it said AWESOME on it)


Nick, Neila, and Carson came over tonight and Neila brought dinner which was delicious. We had fun hanging out with them and the guys are now downstairs finishing up the drywall. Joe is going to have a guy come in this week to do the taping and mudding and it will be about ready after that.
Joe heads out to Alabama tommorow for the week so Mom and Dad are coming up here to spend the week so that I don't have to stay home alone all week since I HATE staying home alone at night. I hope to get alot done while they are here, I am going to go through all my tubs of baby clothes from the time Maggie was born and weed out ALOT of them and take them to a consignment shop. I also have a hair appointment in Lexington with the guy who did my hair like 4 years ago when we lived there. I called up my old salon and couldn't believe he still worked there, so I will be excited to see him again and get some highlights. Well, hope you all have a fun week!
6 comments:
Love keeping up with your blog. It looks like you all had an awesome wkend in the snow. Carlyn is sympathetic to Owen, she has no gloves and did a face plant in the snow yesterday. :) Kirsten
Sounds like everything is going well for you all. We are so jealous that you have a PF Changs near you. That is one of our favorite restaurants. Also, I can relate on not liking to stay home alone - I absolutely hate it. We hope you have a great week with your mom and dad.
~ Tab :)
first of all, i can't believe you are going all the way to lex. to get highlights!!! tell billy "hi". Next, i am so glad they made a frosty and kept him. do u remember maggie crying during the show? i miss you and love you. hugs and kisses from the harlem ghetto.
Oh my gosh, it is like 40 minutes to get to Lex from here. It would take me almost that long to go to the salon I was going to go to in Louisville.
i'm cracking up at the whole maggie talking about her dogs ... hahahaha ... i laughed out loud at work. now everyone knows i'm not working. thanks a lot meg!!
I too laughed out loud but I was at home so it was OK. And I really feel special because Maggie showed me all her dogs, gave me their names and their special barks while she was visiting MIMI. So I know exactly what you are talking about! Tell Maggie that Rhea (who is family) remembers her dogs and that I am thankful for them too! So when did the awesome come off? Tell MIMI hi for me.
Post a Comment