Saturday, February 24, 2007

Happy Birthday to Me!

This week has been alot of fun with mom and Dad here. I got a ton done which was nice, although there is still quite a bit to do before my house is totally in order. The kids loved having Mimi and Jaja here all week to spoil them to death. This week I get to help them adjust to not having a playmate 24/7 and getting cookies after breakfast! Dad finished up the basement drywall for Joe so that it is ready for the guy to come in this week to tape and mud so that was really nice. Mom and I went out shopping some, and of course I took her to Cinnabon. I Wednesday I went to Neila-Susan's office to interview for a PRN position. They were wanting me 1 day a week but I told them right now I was really just wanting a weekend here and there and to fill in when someone is on vacation. Thankfully, she told me that sounded fine and I could come in a few days next month to see how things are run and then could just pick up shifts whenever I want. So for now that will probably just amount to a 4 hour saturday shift every month, which is just fine with me. It will be nice to get out and get my skills cleaned up some plus I am working on becoming a certified lactation consultant so this will help me get some of the hours that I will need to sit for the test.

After the interview I took 10 tubs of clothes to a kids consignment store in Louisville. I was there probably 2-3 hours with them looking through everything and they took about 7 tubs worth of clothes. I was totally thrilled when they gave me my check for $600 dollars for my stuff they took!! And the 3 tubs left were nice stuff that was just not the season they were buying so I can probably sell it also in a few months. So that was a nice surprise to come into. Thursday night Mom and Dad took me out to eat to Johnnny Carrinos' for my birthday and it was great. We discovered that Frankfort has tons of good restaurants and it's only about 15 minutes away so we can get there quicker than going into Louisville. Joe got home from Alabama on my birthday (friday) and I picked him up at the airport and we went out to eat at PF Changs and then to see the movie "The number 23". I like it but he thought it was goofy. Mom and Dad stayed until today and headed home after we all ate breakfast at the Cracker Barrell. We didn't get much done today, just ran errands and played with the kids mostly. Tommorow, my roommate from college, Val, her little boy, Lucas, adn her boyfriend are coming to visit so I am SOOOOO excited to see her. I haven't seen Lucas since he was about 6 months old and she's never seen either of my kids so it will be great to get together with her. She is so much fun so now that we live closer I hope we get together more. Maggie is excited to meet Lucas and get to play with him too. Well, I am off to bed, we are going to the early service tommorow so that means getting everything together by 845 am.

3 comments:

Amanda said...

happy late birthday!!! have fun with valerie. I miss you and love you. I'm happy about your money for the clothes.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Meghan! You are making me hungry talking about PFChangs and all the great places you can eat! :) Kirsten

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday (late)!!!! It sounds like you had a great time on your birthday. Remember the birthday that Val, Jessica & I kidnapped you? Birthdays are so fun! -Whitney W.