Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Swimming fun

Yesterday Neila-Susan and I took the kids to the FAC to go swimming. I also wanted to check out the play area since it's the only gym in town that has childcare. I knew the instant I walked in that this would not be my gym of choice since I could have gotten knocked down with the cigarette smoke smell. I don't know if it was the people watching the kids or that all the kids parents smoke but either way I wasn't going to subject my kids to that stinch. They have a small pool for little kids that is just Maggie's size. She can bascially touch almost the whole pool so she had alot of fun. Carson seemed to enjoy himself too, he wrapped himself around neila and just relaxed the whole time, it was so cute.














Owen loved the pool, and I think he only drank about half the water in it! This little guy totally is fearless, he refused to let me hold onto him, and although it was about chest high in most places on him......he is still top heavy so he would lose his balance constanly and go under. It didn't seem to bother him though, he'd choke it up and push me away again saying, "fwim fwim" (swim) They also have a big frog that is a slicky slide (you slide through the tounge) and Owen loved that. He would come crashing down and Neila would dig him up out of the water and he'd say "more more".











He spent about half of our time there furious though because I couldn't let him go on his own. I felt like I had gotten my workout by the time we left, it was alot of fun so I am hoping to do that pretty often. We came home and both kids slept almost 4 hours.

Last night I went to a dinner by a pharm company where a dr. from Utah talked about antibiotics. After hearing all he had to say about how they are all becoming usless since everyone has built up resistance it made me so glad that neither of my kids has ever been on an antibiotic. It was at a really nice restaurant in Lousiville. Neila and a few girls from her work were going so she invited me, the talk was alright......a little over my head, but the food was awesome. We had a fun time and it was nice to get to meet some of the people from her office.
The kids are napping now so I am going to get dinner started and make a few phone calls. I have got to get my kids medical records sent here and get a pediatrican. Poor Owen is so behind on his shots, I don't know that last time he even had a well baby check!! Oh well, I guess it hasn't hurt him too much since he has yet to have ever really been sick!

1 comment:

Neila-Susan said...

Meg your blog is sooo cute!! Those pics from swimming are great! Having a ball with yall here! Love always,
NST