We have had a fun Valentines Day here in our new home. We decided to have Nick, Nelia, and Carson over for dinner since we both were short on childcare. The kids and I headed out to the store this morning and they, of course, were dressed up in their Vday outfits and looked so cute. Maggie was adorable and wished everyone she saw a Happy Valentines Day, Owen on the other hand was wearing his "most eligble bacholer" outfit but would not have gotten chosen from the way he acted. He wanted to ride the "penny"truck, get a balloon, eat a bananna, and get some juice from the time we walked in walmart until we got home. And since he got to do none of them, he was not very happy during out shopping trip. He was very happy to get back home and get some lunch and go down for his nap. Since we have been in our new house his sleeping problems are over (THANK GOODNESS!!) He is sleeping 12-13 hours a night without waking a bit and giving me a good 3 -3.5 hour nap a day. It took him about 3 nights to figure out we weren't coming when he screamed and each night he screamed for us for about 2 hours but just like "the profesionals" say.....3rd night is a charm. So life is great here once again for ALL of us.
So anyhow....back to our Valentines Day.............while the kids napped I made our baked steak and got the rest of our meal ready and when they woke up we made our valentines cake that Maggie has been talking about.
We couldn't find my heart shaped cake pans so we had to make a circle cake and turn it into valentines day cake.
After we made the big one I gave each of the kids a top from the cakes that I was going to toss out and let them decorate them.
They had a blast and Owen had more sugar today than I think he's had his entire life.
After they got cleaned up we finished up getting dinner ready in time for everyone getting here and we all stuffed ourselves. Neila and I got gift certificates to Z salon, which is this awesome salon here in Louisville, so we are excited to go take a day adn get pampered. I hope to get some pics of the house on here this week, it is not totally quite all in order though but it will give you the idea.
Nick and Joe have been working 3rd shift trying to get our basement finished. Luckily the hammering and sawing doesn't keep the kids up since they are 2 floors away, I on the other hand am right above them so I don't go to sleep unil they are done. Here is a picture of them putting in the insulation the other night.
Maggie was so cute after church on sunday, she went right in her classroom and seemed to really enjoy it again, when I came to pick her up she had a rolled up napkin in her hand and looked so excited. She said, "mom, i have something for you." She opened up her little napkin and inside were 2 candy hearts that were sticking to the napkin. She said, "i licked them but didn't like them so I saved them for you and daddy." I thought it was about the cutest thing ever. She must have been awfully sweet in class because the teachers all went on and on about how adorable she was. Her aunt amanda taught her to say "you go girl" which she loves to say to everyone and it is so funny so I am not sure if she told the teachers that or not, it is hard to tell. Owen did okay in his class too, we weren't so sure at first since when Joe dropped him off he took his bottle and blanket and hid behind a swing in the corner adn wouldn't come out. (we watched through a one way window) But when Joe went back to check on him later he was holding the bag of pretles and handing them out to everyone so he became popular pretty fast. ;) Neila and I are trying out a gym this week that I think I may join, they have a trainer there all the time to help you out which is nice and we are going to try out the pilates class this weekend so that shoudl be interesting. I figure it can't be harder than that kickboxing class my sis drug me to!!
4 comments:
Yeah!! I am so excited to get an update! The kids are as beautiful as ever and from what I can see of your new home, it is gorgeous. I know you all are so excited. We are so happy for you! Your Valentine's Day cake decorating looks so fun, Carlyn is jealous!
Miss you, Kirsten
You are such a good mom. I am so glad that you are enjoying your kids and your new home. Remember, these are the best days of your life, it really is true.
I loved the candy heart story. It sounds like you are already enjoying KY. I have to say that I'm envious, I would love to live there again.
Meghan, I too loved Maggie's honesty with her gifts to you and Joe, she'a a frugal one -- like her Aunt Amanda! I am glad to hear that your family is getting settled and into your own routines. Enjoy this week with your folks.
Post a Comment