Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Another week....

The weeks seem to fly by and I am not sure what we have done with all the time. The carpet guys are coming this week to lay down the carpet in the basement and then it will be ready to get everything out of our garage and front room and moved in down there. This past weekend was alot of fun. Saturday, Neila, her mom , and I headed up to Indidana to the outlets to shop for the day. They have all the good kids outlets and we were so excited that they just opened up a gymobree outlet too! I got lots of great deals and really cute clothes for the kids and even got a bit of stuff for myself too. We ended up spending the entire day there and didn't get home until about 9. It is only about a hour and a half away so we hope to make that trip more often! The kids had fun with Joe for the day running around, going to Lowes and helping paint some too!












The weather has been awesome here, it is in the 70's today. Yesterday we were supposed to go to this mom's group in Louisville that I found out about, it starts at 10 so when Maggie still hadn't woken up at 945 I figured we wouldn't be going.I thought she must be sick or something but when she finally woke up a little after 10 she was as happy as can be, so I guess it's just the time change she is getting used to. Since Owen and I were all dressed and ready I decided to get her ready and head out to get a list of things done. I had things to return to target and walmart, needed to go to the bank, library, post office, and had another box of clothes to take to "once upon a child" to sell. We had alot of fun running all our errrands and things didn't get too crazy until Target (our last stop) which was TOTALLY my fault anyhow since it was after 2 and they both are usually down for nap before 1, so I felt like our day was a success regardless of the fact that when we were checking out at target Owen dumped a whole bag of popcorn in the buggy....which then spilled all over the floor. This was right after the checkout lady yelled at maggie for "stealing" a coloring book which I had actually already paid for and told Maggie she could get out of the bag and hold. So since one way to majorly tick me off is to jump onto my kids (especially when we don't know you) I declined to notice the enormous mess Owen left (and trailed) as we left the store. A funny maggie quote today was when we were trying to find somwhere to eat lunch and she kept saying she wanted to eat at "cornflakes". I told her I had no clue where that was and finally she said mom, you know, the chicken place. I started laughing and said, "ohhhh, u mean chick fil a." She said yea!! With the slide. We did'nt go there though since it was on the other side of town and I wasn't about to drive all that way when Maggie doens't even eat the food there but just wanted to play on the playground. She is so funny and I told Joe we are going to have some explaining to do to the teacher when she starts preschool if she doens't get better at saying her "QU" sound. It comes out "F" sounding instead....so when she tells you to be quiet it is more like "be faggot" and quack quack (like the sound a duck makes) comes out "fack fack"....which also sounds questionable. She can make the right sound if I sit with her and help her but when she is just talking qucikly, like she always does, it comes out with the F sound so I am sure people wonder exactly what goes on in our house when they hear her in public! haha

Owen got a new pillow for his bed and Maggie picked it out for him, Thomas the Train. I looked in on him the other night adn thought he looked so cute (and big) so I took this sweet sleeping picture.











This morning we went to the MOPS (mothers of preschoolers) group that meets at our church. I met several really nice moms that live nearby and the kids both had lots of fun. Owen went right into his classroom and didn't cry at all, which is weird because it's the same class he goes to at church and he always cries when we leave. Maggie on the other hand always loves her sunday school class but she threw a fit when I left her, even though the lady keeping her class was her sunday school teacher! who knows? I think kids just like to keep you on your toes never knowing what to expect. She had a blast though and made friends with two little girls in her class. It figures that their mom isn't really someone I would have picked to hang out with out of all the moms there....but she played really good with the girls so I may set up a playdate since she enjoyed herself so much. I was glad to see them getting to play with kids since I have been a little bummed that there are no kids (that I have seen) out in our subdivision yet. It doesn't help that we moved from the greatest neighborhood ever in Illinois, (with the greatest neighbors) where there were tons of kids for them to play with....but we have been taking walks and Maggie asks if any kids live at all the houses and I wish so bad I could say yes. But the houses on both sides of us are still both for sale as well as a few other homes being built so I am hopeful that we will get a great family with kids here.

3 comments:

Mary said...

Yes, and we keep reproducing, too! Kids kids, everywhere!
Hopefully someone with kids will move in and be your neighbors.

Anonymous said...

Great blog as always, Meghan. We love to see what you guys are up to. Consider yourself lucky as far as neighbors go. There may not be many kids, but at least you don't live up a dirt road 'holler like we do. :)
Kirsten

Amanda said...

Time to update, sis. I am beating you!