Thursday, March 29, 2007

Happy Birthday Neila-Susan!!




Tonight we had a surprise birthday party for Neila-Susan. It worked out perfectly and she was 100% surprised, we have had it planned all week so I was glad we were all able to keep her in the dark from it. I invited our friends Elizabeth and Jason too so we had a really great time. I made chicken enchiladas and corn cake along with a chocolate birthday cake so we had lots of yummy food! Maggie and Carson helped her blow out her birthday candles and did so wihtout getting any spit on the cake, which was nice. :)















After we stuffed ourselves the guys went downstairs to play Joe's "golden tee" arcade game and us girls took the kiddos up to the playroom. They were having alot of fun until Owen fell off the top of the slide right on his head. Poor guy has had a rough week with diarrhea, a raw butt, and now that is over he just about breaks his neck!
Nick and Neila-Susan are going out tommorow night for her birthday so we are keeping Carson for the evening. We are trading off so Joe and I get our date night next friday night.

I forgot to tell in the last blog about my good news, I was so excited and thankful. God has been so good to our family and just when I begin to doubt or try to find something bad he shows me that he will provide for us in EVERY way. I had been a little bummed about our neighborhood and not seeing any little kiddos out. Well last week we were all outside playing and Joe took the kids in for bath. I was cleaning up outside and a mom came walking by with 2 little girls. We began talking and turns out she lives right down the street and is also a stay at home mom. Her girls are 21 months (exactly owens age) and 5 years (just about a year older than mag). She and I really got along and she told me that next door to them is a little 3 year old girl. We went down to there house a few days later and played and had them down yesterday for the afternoon. So anyhow, I am really excited about meeting them and am sure we'll spend quite a bit of time together since the kids really seem to get along.
We also want to send out a birthday wish to Matt, since today is also his birthay!! Hope your liking Kansas, and Happy Birthday!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cook cake Meghan. I think its cute how Carson has his hand on Maggie's should in the last pic as his mommy is blowing out her candles.
Kirsten