Owen thought these were so cool and was ready to get on any of them (even stand on the huge one after his daddy did it) but Maggie was a little more reserved at first, but once she watched Owen she wanted to jump in. They had a lot of fun playing there and Owen thought he had hit the jackpot with these machines plus so much dirt. Needless to say when we got in they really needed baths.
This picture of Joe is for Charles in Mossville. This machine was actually huge but we both thought it didn't look nearly as bit in the picture.
Today was pretty again so I took the kids to the park in town to play. It was pretty muddy but they had fun on the swings and just running around. I needed to get Owen out of the house since I am trying to get rid of his bottle, right now I am just going to let him have it at nap and bedtime and then let that one go also. Anyhow, today was day 1 of denying it to him and he cried about 90% of the morning. I would give him a cup and he throws it across the room screaming "noooooo, ba-ba ba-ba" Anyhow, once we got outside it seemed to help him forget about it and he had fun. When we got home we had spaghetti for lunch and Owen really enjoyed himself.
I can't seem to get him to eat with his fork and spoon, at least not efficiently. Maggie could eat her entire meal with her silverware at this age without a mess, so it is somwhat frusterating that he still grabs handfuls of food with little attempt at his fork. Oh well, I guess he'll get it eventaully!
So it looks like we may have a bit of a biting problem with Owen....yesterday after MOPS we went to Kroger to pick up a few things and all of a sudden I hear Maggie scream and look over and Owen is taking a hunk out of her arm...for no apparent reason. He didn't appear to be doing it out of meanness....but regardless he needed to be punished but since we were in the middle of Kroger I wasn't about to spank him there and add to the drama. So we checked out and I let Maggie ride the horse (which he loves) and told him he couldn't ride because he bit Maggie. I thought maybe he'd see his consequence for the biting was missing out on the fun but he just looked at me and bit his own finger and said, "no bite." I told him he couldn't ride and he smiled and said, "okay mommy, I yuv you." So I am not sure if he got the point at all.....but I don't think missing out on the horse effected him much.
Here is a picture of Maggie's "war wounds"
Joe is taking half days tommorow and Friday to get some things done around here and help with the kids so I can get some stuff done also. His family is coming down for the weekend so we need to get the basment in order so we have a place for everyone to sleep. I also need to get going on organzing and cleaning the house.....the kids and I have been having so much fun doing stuff that i have put the house on the back burner. The "OCD" part of me is dying to get everything clean and in order.....but the mom part of me knows that my "babies" won't be babies forever so I need to have fun with them while they are small and just mop the floors tommorow.
2 comments:
Oh my god, Maggie's face is just adorable in that picture of her showing her war wounds! She looks really hacked off!
your stories are hillarious. it sounds like our sons would get along very well. The throwing of the cup, the messy eating, and the biting are all regular accurances at our house right now even after my many attempts to guide him otherwise.
Post a Comment