We had a fun weekend. Friday evening we went to eat at the Cracker Barrel with Nick, Neila, and Carson. Joe's parents and brother came up for the weekend so they met up with us there as well. Saturday we didn't do alot, just went to the park some while Joe and Isaac fished and Debbie, Larry, and I took the kids to the park. We were going to eat at Claudia Saunders for dinner but by the time we got there it was packed, maggie was asleep, and the food doesn't exactly fit into my diet! So they all got carry out to take home and the kids and I headed back for a dinner of cereal! (which actually tasted just as good to me) That evening Joe and Isaac went fishing and I headed out to walk with some friends while Debbie and Larry got the kiddos ready for bed. Sunday we went to church and then came home and cooked out for Mothers Day dinner. I guess the 5 miles I walked the night before knocked me out because as soon as i put the kids down for their nap I took one as well. Joe's family headed back to Ohio after lunch and since Maggie didn't seem to be very tired she and Joe headed to Walmart. I woke and saw Joe unloading the car, and unloading is what he was doing. It seemed to me more like Christmas. Maggie got a new bike, whcih she did need since the one she was using was too small and her legs kept hitting the handles. She also got the princess helmet and gear to go with it.
She was so excited and is actually really good at it. It only took her about 5 minutes to figure out how to get it going and now she can ride up and down the street like a pro. Owen didn't make the trip but somehow he wound up with a new F-150 hot wheel truck. (Joe thought you would like that dad).

It is so so cute but of course at this point Owen is scared of it and only likes to ride in the back with someone else driving it. Hopefully in time he will like it.
They also came home with fishing poles for the kids and life jackets for all of us since I am guessing Joe is planning on us spending quite a bit of time on the water this summer. ????
We then headed over to the Lake and rented out paddle boats for a half hour.

It was really fun and the kids loved it. We decided 30 minutes is enough with Owen since the entire time he wanted to jump out. Joe had to hold onto him to keep him in the boat. He kept saying, "Bo Bo swim." (he refers to himself as Bo Bo as well now) We saw lots of ducks, fish, and turtles which maggie loved.
1 comment:
i want to go to the lake too! you look great, meg. i didn't know who that girl was. love the brunette look.
Post a Comment