Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Meet Wormy...


So my little Maggie brought home a new pet the other evening from her friend Kylie's house.









This is wormy.










Maggie was somewhat freaked out by the caterpillers at first, but after she saw her buddy holding them she got brave enough to pick one up and it turned quickly into love....at least on her part. Poor wormy was dropped at least a dozen times, I asked Joe what the life expectancy of these things are. Anyhow, wormy spent the majority of the day with us and last night when we finally came in for bed I told her he had to sleep outside. Well, she told me when I put her to sleep that she thought wormy was going to make a cocoon and turn into a beautiful butterfly today. :) Well, this morning we go out to find wormy and, of course, he is gone so she has decided he flew away. She is pretty anxious to get back to Kylie's just in case he decided to head back to his home though.

We have been spending all our time outdoors latley which has been great. Neila and I have been walking most every evening at the park and Joe takes the kids to play while we excercise. We went with our neighbors on Sunday afternoon to a huge farm here in Shelbyvile with tons of flowers and a petting zoo. The kids all had a blast running around and feeding all the animals and Shannon and I stocked up on flowers. Joe and I spent the rest of the evening planting and the outcome looks great We just have to get hangers to hang our 2 potted plants we got and our landscaping will be finished! The kids and I planted our rose bush today and then spent the rest of the morning washing the van. The van has looked cleaner after getting washed, but the kids had a blast which was the idea anyhow!

3 comments:

Amanda said...

just think. you could be the mother of a future vet. wormy doesn't look so bad. how come she named him but refuses to name the fish? weird.

Meghan said...

Probably doesn't want to get attatched....we seem to lose a fish a day!

Carothers in Cahoots said...

Every fish i've ever named has died. But our fish do have organic broccoli. Haha. I think Maggie has a good idea. Tell her she can come play with the animals at our house anyday.

I can't hide my love for celeb gossip. Blog with any Dannilynn citings.