Monday, May 07, 2007

Weekend Fun

We had a fun weekend. Joe had been pretty busy at work last week so he didn't get to hang out with the kids alot. So friday afternoon he called while they were napping and suggested we meet at Chuck E. Cheese to let them play. The kids were so surprised and really excited. Maggie found a new game there she really liked, it was like a computerized coloring book.















So she spent the majority of her tokens right there. Owen we found out was taking his tokens and sliding them under all the games. haha.

I worked Saturday morning for a few hours. It was pretty slow so we were out by about 11 or so. Joe and the kids had spent the morning outside working in the yard and had then headed to Lowes to get some material for Joe to build a building out back to keep his lawn equipment in. He said that morning the kids had wanted him to take them on a wagon ride and he told them in just a minute. A minute later he looked up and said Maggie was pulling Owen up and down the sidewalk.




















They are playing really good together now (for the most part), which is nice. Owen is talking really well now and has been saying 5 and 6 word sentences even! His most famous all weekend was, "no mommy, I want my daddy." He is definetly a daddy's boy, which means he wants Joe to not only play with him, but also to change his diapers so I am not complaining. :) He is such a funny little guy, both houses beside us are for sale and he loves playing on the front porches and yards of them. I don't know what we'll do when someone moves in. Here are some pictures of him investigating some bugs or rocks he found in the grass.




















(By the way, it was time to go in and get bathed, I don't usually let him run around in a diaper but this was his 3rd outfit of the day!)

Yesterday we went to church and then headed to the Cracker Barrel for lunch but it was packed so since Owen was ready for a nap and we were running on overtime with him we grabbed quiznos and came home so the kids could nap. Joe and I finished up with the landscaping and it looks great so I will have to get some pictures. After naps I got them ready adn we headed to Shelbyville Lake to meet up with Joe and Nick who were there fishing. Maggie has been asking when she can go fishing with her daddy like "Little Bear" does. Maggie was pretty excited but Owen spent most of his time looking at the water and eating the snacks I brought them.


















He kept smiling at the water and saying, "Look mommy, i smile at the fish."

















He also spent a great deal of the time saying "shhhh" since Joe told him you have to be quiet when you are fishing.




















If you know my kids at all you know that would be quite a feat!
Maggie helped Joe bait his hook and held the fishing pole some.





























Luckily we didn't have to wait too long before they got a bite and Maggie thought that was so cool.
















As I was putting Maggie to bed last night we were saying prayers and we were talking about God and his angels. I told her she couldn't see them but if she's ever afraid to ask Jesus to send his angels and they will protect her. She asked me if God and Jesus knew each other and I told her that God was Jesus father. She then said, "good night mom, I am going to talk to Jesus and tell him I want to be his best friend. As I turned out the light I heard her say, "Jesus tell your angels to come down here. Then she giggled and said, "oh angels, this is going to be so much fun." Who knows what goes through that little head of hers. Tommorow we have MOPS in the morning, it is the last one for this year until the fall. No other big plans tommorow other than that...just probably playing with Kylie and Bella since that is Maggie and Owen's favorite thing to do now!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love your pics, Meg ! You need to be a professional photographer! :) Kirsten