We all enjoyed Mom's new kitchen, especially Maggie who was lucky enough (or spoiled) to have Mimi soup every single day! Amanda was quite the chef as well and let Maggie help her make her mexican chocolate cake one night, which Maggie loved. She loves to bake, as her favorite part is taste testing the batter along the way!
We had a really fun Fourth of July. We all headed up to my aunt and uncle's camp for the day and met up with some of my family for the day. The kids had a blast, and Maggie was thrilled that Gwen, Gracie, and TJ were there.
We didn't see the 3 of them much that day as they spent the whole time playing. Owen loved it there and had fun exploring and picking up rocks. It was nice to have so much extra help there to take turns following him around. We all missed Joe a ton. I wish he could have been there becasue he would have loved it. Everyone spent a good deal of the day out on the four wheelers which Joe would have thought was a blast, although I would have been a nervous wreck I am sure since Joe's fear factor is about a zero! Luckily there were enough helmets to go around!
Owen loved watching them pull up and leave on the four wheelers and would have loved a ride I am sure, but I thought I would wait until he's a tad bit bigger. He did get to sit on one which he thought was fun.
It was so great being there with everybody, if the rest of the family could have been there it would have even been better. We got some really cute pictures of all the 3rd cousins so we can update our picture from last year at the camp. I can't believe how much Owen has changed in one year.
The kids and I got to go to my friend's brooke adn Larry's little girl's first birthday party Thursday night. I was glad we got to go and the kids had fun. When we were leaving Maggie said, "Mom, that was a great party. They had all the things we love....balloons, candy, cake." How funny! And when they sang happy birthday to Savannah, Owen sang "happy birthday to carson." That is the only party he's been to so when he hears that song he thinks it is for carson. We made it back home friday night after spending some time with JR, Lori, and TJ on our way out of town. He has a thomas the train table with all the bells and whistles and the kids were in love with it. We got home about the time Joe did so the kids were thrilled to see him. Owen asked about him several times through the week so he was really happy to get to see his daddy and not just hear him on the phone. We are having a lazy weekend, Joe adn Maggie went to that new pixar mouse movie today. Here are some more pictures from the fourth of july.
3 comments:
i guess I will post different pics from this weekend. we have to stop doing things together so we will have different things to post :) just imagine if we lived close. we could share a blog! i got some more goodwill steals today, and we may have a party at tab's house for me.
amanda looks like a pink power ranger in that one pic!
love ya!
lori
We have to start charging Amanda for blog space time. I notice she likes to put a small "preview" of her blog in the comments of burkenews. Its like advertising on google. Meghan cant help she is the Google of blogs....
Post a Comment