Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Perfect week

So this week has been the perfect summer week thus far. Monday we woke up and saw it was a gorgeous day so we headed to the pool to meet up with our friends. It was in the 90's and I suppose that is what it takes to get that pool to warm up some. Maggie spent the entire time in the pool playing great and Owen didn't wonder out much at all either. It was what every "pool mom" dreams of. I was able to sit by the pool and talk with my mom friends while our kids played for several hours. If only this was how the whole summer had been! We ate lunch there and went back for some more swimming time and headed home just in time for naps. While the kids were sleeping I got dinner ready so when they woke up we played some on the toyroom. We had a great spaghetti dinner and then played outside until bedtime. Tuesday we woke up and planned on heading back to the pool so I sent the kids to play upstairs while I got things together. They were playing so well I decided to get some things done around the house adn ended up cleaning the entire morning while they played the whole time. I got all more floors mopped, baseboards, cleaned, dusting done, even cleaned my cabinets and closets out! So our missed pool day was well worth it since you never know when you will have a full uninterrupted morning to clean. I made roast, potatos, and carrots for dinner since I have been craving that for awhile and it was delicious! I also made Joe's favorite strawberry pretzel dessert which he was happy about. After dinner, Nick and Joe headed out to hit golf balls adn Neila and Carson came over to play a bit. We took them on a big walk around our neighborhood and they collected a ton of rocks from the new edition they are working on. Today the kids and I got up and headed back to the pool for the day. Once again it was awesome and the kids played great the entire time. It looks like August is going to be a great pool month for us. This morning I had to call and register the kids for story hour at the library this fall. Our library is awesome and registration is only one day and fills up within about 2 hours...so the librarian had told us at the last story hour to just keep callling today until we got through. Well, I began calling at 9, when it opens and didn't get through until 930 and I signed up maggie, Owen and Carson since Neila had to work today and wouldn't be able to call. I then realized after hanging up that I had told Shannon I would register Bella as well for the same day and had forgotten so I called back and it took another 30 minutes to get through but I did and got her in the last slot so luckily they are all in the monday morning group, although Carson will be in the baby group and the rest of them in the toddler/preschool group.
I got Maggie all signed up for her dance classes that start in 2 weeks. she is pretty excited about it and I am hoping she really likes it. Her preschool teacher called yesterday to make sure maggie was still coming and introduce herself. Her name is Mrs. Boyd. When I told Maggie, she said, "oh no, is she a boy?" I told her, no, it was boy with a d on the end and that seemed to ease her mind about it. She has been practicing writing her name and is getting better at it. Owen is picking up all kinds of things, I suppose from Maggie. He was counting the other day and counted to 15 several times. I knew he could get past 5 but not that far. He also began singin his ABC's the other day, which I didn't know he knew! I guess Maggie teaches him when I am not watching.

The kids are sleeping now so I am going to rest a bit and then cook some chicken for our enchiladas tonight.

No comments: