Sunday, December 23, 2007

Cookies, Santa, and getting ready......

We have been having lots of fun getting ready for Christmas. Joe was out of town Thursday night.....he has taken a new position at work and is now a commodity broker (??). I have even less clue of what he does now than I did before, all I know is he gets to fly overnight to Texas to eat with some clients at a steakhouse in Texas that is on the top 10 list in the US and then fly back the next day. This is where he was Thursday night and what alot of his job will entail so whatever that is....maybe I want to be one too. :) Anyhow, the kids and I got up Friday morning and headed to the Cracker Barrell for breakfast for 2 reasons. The first being that I was craving some eggs and bacon and didn't feel like cooking it. The 2nd is that Maggie had 5 bucks that her Jah Jah had given her that was burning a hole in her pocket.
When Mom and Dad were here last weekend we had gone to the Cracker Barrell and dad let the kids pick out a gift, well Maggie had a hard time deciding between 2 different sticker books. She finally decided on one of them and we hadn't been home 5 minutes when she had a breakdown and said she wished she had gotten the other one. Well, mom tried to teach her a lesson in making choices and how we sometimes aren't happy with our choice (didn't go over so well. :) But Dad gets out some money and tells her next time she's there to get the other stickers she wants and something for Owen. So all week she had been asking when we could go. Well, we were sitting there eating our breakfast and she says, "Mommy, my JahJah loves me so much. You know how I know?" I asked her how and she said, "He see's I am just a little bit sad and wants me to have whatever I want to make me happy!" I laughed and said that is pretty much dead on.....hopefully she doesn't still feel this way when she's 16 dad!

Friday evening Joe took the kids out to Christmas shop for me while I got a few things done around the house. He let them pick out whatever they wanted for me and I must say my kids are pretty in tune with their mommy and know what I like. :)
He said it was so sweet, Maggie was thinking and said, " I know what to get her, Mommy loves orange juice!" So one of my gifts is wrapped in the fridge....but how cute is that?" Anyhow, when they got home i had made sugar cookies and had them ready for the kids to decorate. I gave Owen 3 cookies and a bowl of icing. I told him to ice them and I would give him more, when I checked his plate all the cookies were gone and he was eating the rest of the icing like soup. He kept saying, "mmmmm, this is good mommy." So here is what he looked like after his cookie making, but he had alot of fun.









Maggie also liked it but wanted me to wipe her hands off after every cookie as she doesn't like to be messy. She enjoyed the red icing as you can tell from her mouth. After they made their cookies I took their clohtes off to get them cleaned up and we got a knock at the door. They went to answer it and there was Santa! Joe had dressed up and came to the door and I thought Owen was going to have a heart attack he was so excited. He said, 'come in Santa!! We have cookies!!!" They both got a gift and told him what they wanted and sent Santa on his way.












Maggie was a littel skeptical and told me that she thought it might be Daddy because his hands really looked like her daddys. But by the time he left I think she was convinced it was Santa, Owen couldn't have been more happy about his visitor.

Neither of the kids slept well that night, I think this was probably due to all the sugar in their systems! Saturday Joe's family came down to spend a few days and celebrate for Christmas. Joe and I had his work Christmas party Sat. evening so they kept the kids for us. His party was on a dinner train in bardstown and was really nice. I think I was more crazy about it than everyone else.....doesn't take much to please me I guess. I got to sit and have dinner brought to me, refils on my drinks, nobody wanted juice or needed wiped off after dinner and nobody was crying because they didn't like what was served so it was a great evening for me! The kids had a lot of fun as well playing with Nana and Papa and Matt and Isaac too. Owen had lot of people to wrestle with which always makes him happy!

Sunday we went to church and then grabbed some lunch to hold us over until that evening which I was making chicken enchiladas for our dinner. The kids looked so cute that morning for church.










Owen's hair is so so long so I spiked it up since I haven't gotten around to getting it cut. We had our Christmas Sunday evening with Joe's family and the kids were so excited to get to open gifts.











Maggie got 2 little dogs that act real so she was thrilled with her presents







and Owen got a Cars playset that he thought was great.










The kids spent the rest of the eveing playing with everyone and I headed to the store to get a few stocking stuffers which I didn't have yet. His family headed home this morning and we are just hanging out here today watching Chrismtas movies and getting ready for tonight! The kids are so excited and will be so adorable in the morning I am sure. We are going to our church Christmas service tonight and then getting the kids to bed to get a few big items put together. Mom, Dad, and Amanda are headed down here tommorow for a few days to have Christmas so I need to get to the store to pick up a few more things for dinner with them before it closes today.
Everyone have a merry christmas and I will update with pics from tommorow soon!!

2 comments:

Amanda said...

i love owen's hair!! I really really love it! don't cut it. keep it. see you in a few hours.

Carothers in Cahoots said...

Where in Texas? If he stays overnight he should see some of our friends...