Thursday, January 03, 2008

Ready for 2008

We had a wonderful Christmas holiday and are now trying to recoop from everything and get back in our normal days....and also get things ready for baby Josie who should be arriving very shortly.
Christmas Eve we went to the service at our church and then came home and got the kids to bed and Joe and I began getting everything ready. I had already gotten the gifts all wrapped and sorted so all we had to do was get Owen's train table set up which took a little longer than expected, but all was finished and ready by 10 30 that night. The kids didn't get up until 8, and that was with a little prompting from Joe, they were so excited when they came downstairs and the gift opening began.



















They got lots of fun things and have had fun playing with them all. I got started on making our christmas dinner so when mom , dad and amanda got here it would be ready.

They got here around 2 or so and we ate right away as we were all starving and everything turned out delicious. We then had the kids 2nd round of Christmas that day with lots more gifts and more playing as well.










We had fun with them here and Mom, Maggie, Amanda and I made a trip out to smoothie king and shopped a little the next day. They headed home on Thursday afternoon after I got back from my doctors appointment, the kids were pretty bummed when they left and kept asking Amanda to "please stay a little longer." Dad put together the baby bed while he was here so I got my bedding in it and think it is really going to be cute once we get the room painted and in order. Owen also got moved to his new room which has gone....well, I will just say okay. His sleeping is leaving alot to be desired and he's about to drive Joe and I nuts at night. I had no problem letting them cry when they were infants and I was sleep training them....but now that he can cry and say, "mommy where are you, I want you, please....." it about kills me to not go in to him. I am just hoping he gets it together before the baby comes.
Saturday we headed to Ohio for the day for Joe's family Christmas get together. We visited with his grandparents as well which was nice to get to see them.

















We then went to his parents house and I headed to the outlets to get a few good deals before going back for the get together. We had a fun time and the kids had fun getting to see everyone and playing. We didn't head back until about 9 or so that night so we had a late night getting home but it is so nice to live close enough to our families to be able to get there and back in a day for get togethers.

Monday we had a few friends over for New Years so we spent the day geting the house in order and getting some food ready. We had a really fun time and there were plenty of kids here to make it even more fun. My cousin Liv and her husband Durell were on their way back from Texas and stopped by to visit which was great as I haven't seen them for awhile. They had their dogs with them which thrilled Maggie and Owen (actually all the kids). They took turns holding Izzy who was very nice to sit so still and allow them to handle her to death!






















They had fun playing with the star station, Maggie was showing off her moves although she likes to make up her own words to songs and they are always quite interesting.












I wasn't sure if the kiddos would make it until midnight but Maggie took a nap that day on her own so I thought she'd probably give it her best shot. Liv and Durell headed on home to WV around 9ish and Nick, Neila, Carson and Neila's mom Susan headed back home as well.
















But Shannon, Preston, and their girls, Kylie, Bella, and even new baby Molly hung out with us to ring in the new year and the kiddos got to stay up to see the ball drop.....although they were less than impressed with what it turned out to be.
















They all had so much fun and thought they were really big stuff staying up so late. We had little to no tears at all which was nice, but a surprise. They only time anyone cried was when it was time to head to bed (at 1am). Joe and I were hoping for a late morning but the kids were up at 9:30 which is better than it could have been I suppose. I was dragging all day Tuesday and could not get myself together....guess I can't pull late nights anymore. It was really fun night and we hope to have another get together soon, although not that late!

Tuesday the kids just played most of the day, Maggie got our her dress up clothes to play princess and Owen just had to join in. He got all princessed up and stayed that way well over an hour.















Joe wasn't thrilled about their pick of playthings that afternoon, espeically since Owen kept saying, "I'm a princess, I'm beautiful." Joe told him he was a boy and boys don't wear dresses and he said "no daddy, I am a princess." Naptime came around and he told me, "mommy, princesses don't take naps." I told him than his princess time was over so we derobed him and got him asleep.

Last night I got the kids to bed before 8 since Maggie had preschool today and hasn't been getting up before 9 the past few weeks so I wanted to make sure she was well rested. She fell asleep instantly but Owen had a little bit of sleep training 101. He cried 2.5 straight hours before finally passing out asleep, I had to go downstairs and turn on the TV so I couldn't hear him saying he needed me and loved me. I will say though he slept all night and I had to wake him up at 8:30 this morning to get her to school. I just put him down for his nap and haven't heard a peep out of him either so maybe that is all he needed to get him jumpstarted. I had to wake maggie up this morning a little after 8 as well to get ready, I thought for sure going to bed earlier she would be up and ready to go but she was in a deep sleep when I went in to get her. She was glad to get back to preschool today and see her friends, Owen and I just came back home and played with his cars until time to get her again so we haven't had much of a productive day. Well, I am off to have "girl time" with Maggie while Owen is asleep.

4 comments:

Mary said...

We are doing sleep training around here too and it's going great. Ryan is kind of "ready" for it now that he's been through it a few times so it was pretty easy today and he took 2 wonderful naps. He cried for about 1/2 hour at bedtime though which kind of stunk, but it will be well worth it in the end. Good luck with Owen!!

valurena said...

thanks for my comment! finally!!! i love that owen! he is such a goofball!! i know gary would be throwing a fit if luke put on a princess dress. too funny!

Kendra White said...

Meg, where did you find that train table. I love the bins underneath it. JH played with a train table today at the dentist and I really think he would love one. Like we need another toy. Hope you are feeling well. Not too much longer till another princess arrives!

Kendra White said...

Meg, Thanks for the info on the train table. And it is a yes for the rocking chair covers. Email me at kendrawhite@hotmail.com and we can set up a time. I am sure the nursery is ALREADY perfect!