Tuesday, February 12, 2008

America's next top models???

Things are going great here at the Burke house....busy but great! Debbie and Larry just headed home today so we had our official first day alone and I must say it went very smooth. I had all 3 kids napping at the same time so I had a good couple hours to myself which is always enjoyable. Josie is doing great, she had her 2 week check up yesterday and weighs 7 lb. 12 oz so she is already over her birth weight. I took her to get her newborn pics done yesterday which went well, so everyone can expect her birth announcments sometime in the next week or so. While I was there the photographer and I got to talking and it came up that I had 2 other kids. He asked me their ages and if I had any pics of them. I told him yeah and showed him their picture. He looked at it and said, "okay, they are really cute....so would you be interested in letting them be our models for our easter promo?" I laughed and said, "sure, but I will warn you up front that my little boy is not the easiest kid to photograph." He was like, don't worry about it, your not paying for it and you get free pics." So they go for their photo shoot Saturday. This place is really nice, I had never been there before and they are supplying Maggie and Owen with clothes from Strausburg. So....we will see how it goes, after our Valentines picture shoot I am not holding out much hope for Owen. He did not do well at all so there won't be any Valentines Day pics this year. But I was pretty excited about it and Maggie thinks it is really neat.

We got our first big snow in forever yesterday. Everything was cancelled today so Joe went in to work late and we took the kids out to play in the snow. They loved it! It wasn't very good snow as the whole top layer was ice but they had a blast playing. Owen spent a good deal of his time eating the snow...which I am pretty sure is how I spent my time in the snow when I was little.






























Joe helped them make a little snowman (snowgirl) who is now in our freezer since Maggie wants to be sure she doesn't melt.















Josie is sleeping pretty well now and only wakes about every 3 hours to nurse and then goes back to sleep. I am hoping she stays on this track and keeps up the good schedule as it makes my days much easier. We took her to church on Sunday for the first time so everyone got to see her. It has been great getting meals since right now I am not really in the cooking mode and I have enough going on all day without having to think, "what is for dinner." Amanada is coming Thursday to meet Miss Josie and of course see Maggie and Owen so Joe and I will be able to go out for Valentines Day! Maggie's Valentines Day party at school is Thursday so I will be able to go to that with her and leave Owen and Josie at home so she and I can have a little time together, which I think she will really like.

So Owen really loves my nursing pads and whenever I am feeding the baby he gets me new ones or just plays with them like they are balls, airplanes, or whatever he feels like at the moment. Today I was feeding her and he had peed so he took his diaper off and threw it away. I told him to get a new diaper and bring it to me and so he disapeared and came back with one of my nursing pads held up to him and said, "look mommy, a new diappy."












He was cracking up laughing, and so was I.



Here is some new pics of Josie, she is looking so much like Maggie did at this age. I got a picture of Maggie out at 2 weeks and it looks just like her.















The 3 of them were lying on the bed tonight and I couldn't get over how big they both looked next to Josie. Just a few weeks ago Owen seemed like such a baby to me and now he looks huge beside her.



























It is hard to believe my 2 big babies were that little not very long ago. It goes by way too fast and makes me cherish every little moment I have with them. I am so thankful that I have such a great husband who has provided so well for our family that I am able to stay home with our kids and not have to miss a single moment of their lives. I can honestly say my life is exactly what I hoped it would be, actually even better.

4 comments:

Kendra White said...

Meg, They are so cute. Good job on getting them all sleeping. Can't wait to see the photos! Keep up the good work!

Anonymous said...

meg you won't even BELIEVE how fast it goes. wait until they start to school...it flies by then. i know i've told you this before but you'll blink and they'll be 10! you really should cherish every moment...and don't sweat the small stuff...because believe me, one day, you'll be wishing for that "small stuff" again! they grow so fast. i can't believe tj is 10. i remember when he was josie's size and it doesn't seem 10 years ago. owen looks as big as maggie in those pictures! i can't wait to see the photo shoot pics! save me one!
love you!

Anonymous said...

What cute kids you have ! We have lots of uses for "boobie pads" in our house too....coasters, diapers, flying saucers........
:) Kirsten

The Oakes said...

i love the picture of the three of them together!