Our Christmas Eve was not very eventful....we spent the day at home (and at Walmart) and the kids opened their gifts from one another earlier than we usually let them.
As much as I love having the kids home on Christmas morning I always miss being at Patti K and Jim's house on Christmas Eve as that has always been my very favorite day of the year because of their Christmas Eve party. So if you got to be there know that I am jealous! After the kids went to bed Joe and I got started on Santa's visit. Joe put the dollhouse together in record time while I got everything else out and arrranged. We were in bed much earlier than last year and told the kids to not come downstairs in the morning but to just yell for us and we would come up to get them. Well, about 7 30 or so I hear little feet running towards my room. Owen is standing there beside my bed saying, "mommy, mommy, something happened....Santa came and brought me the batcave, and mag's dollhouse, and we all got chairs....blue ones and pink ones....... come on....there are lots of presents, let's go" It was so cute. So up we go to wake up Maggie. She usually cannot be drug out of bed but as soon as Owen said, "maggie, santa came" her feet hit the floor.
They were downstairs and into thier gifts in no time.
Owen opens gifts like I did as a child, and I can only assume my husband did as well. Rips them as fast as he can and off to the next. Maggie opens them like Amanda did...slowly tears the paper off and examines each gift before moving on. Needless to say Owen was done much sooner tham Maggie but was already getting things out of the pakages so he didn't care. Poor Josie slept through the entire gift opening as she didn't get up till late but was pretty happy with her gifts and mostly the paper when she got up.
Owen didn't waste anytime getting his new spiderman costume on, and Maggie was very excited about her Barbie princess.
They all got Pottery Barn chairs from Santa...which were my favorite gifts!
Owen spent a great deal of his morning switching outfits (spiderman, superman, peterpan) and then he and Joe hopped into the shower to try out his new shaving kit.
He thought it was so cool that he got to shave like Daddy....somehow shaving turned into a shaving cream battle and here is how Owen came out.
(well, Joe was covered as well but I figured it would be best not to post those. :)
I began getting dinner ready and Mom and Dad got to our house a little before noon.
It was like Christmas all over again as they brought in a ton more gifts for the kids. As you can see, Owen changed right into his lighting McQueen outfit he got and loved trying out his boxing gloves from Ja Ja.
(Keep in mind this is only noon and he has already had on 4 outfits.....my typical Owen day, ask Mom and Patti K!)
We had a great dinner and spent the afternoon just relaxing and Mimi and Jaja spent it playing.
That night Joe's family came up so the kids got to have another Christmas with them the next day. Poor Josie slept through every single gift opening. The kids loving having everyone here and so much attention. We hadn't seen Matt in almost a year so it was great having him here as well and the kids loved playing with him.
Joe's family headed back Saturday morning and Mom and Dad stayed to keep the kids while Joe and I went to IKEA in Cincinnati for the day. We had a great day and enjoyed spending the time kid free shopping and having dinner. We need to do that more often as I forget how much fun it is until we have a date day/night. Neila Susan and I are working on getting our monthly date nights back.
Well, that is all of our Christmas news. We had a wonderful time and enjoyed everyone being here. We missed having Aunt Amanda here...but we got to celebrate a few days later with her which was so muchfun. Here are a few more pictures to enjoy and next comes New Years!!
No comments:
Post a Comment