I made individual cakes which I thought would be cute, and easier, than a big cake. And since there were several others turning one as well I made all the one year olds to be their own cakes. I put a flag with their name on it, and the others I made flags with Josie's picture on them.
I thought they all turned out really cute...and more importantly they tasted great. My kids always want cakes that require white or colored icing, but my favorite is chocolate cake with homemade chocolate icing...so since Josie isn't old enough to pick that is what I chose for her!
We ate first, while all the kids ran wild and then put the babies on the floor with their cakes. Josie began playing with hers but then realized there were others on the floor and went around stealing all the boys cakes.
She ate a bit from each of theirs I think, but didn't fool much with her own. By the time they were done there was chocolate everywhere and surprisingly although they all were covered in it my light carpet shows no signs. Josie seemed pretty fond of the chocolate cake and icing and will be more than happy to eat some again next week at her other birthday party.
We let Josie get into her gifts and as you can see, they interested the bigger kids more than her.
She was probably headed off to find more cake.
She is going to have lots of playmates in a year or so with all these babies...and will have a great options of boyfriends later on down the road. Here she is with her buddy Holden.
Here is our greatest attempt to get a picture of 5 of the 6 of them. (Molly had already left) It was after a party, cake, and waaaayyyy into naptime. So none of them were into the photo shoot. But you know I had to try to get one! All I could think of looking at them was, "wow,,,,this is what Jon and Kate had every day...plus one and 2 more!"
It was a fun day, we love hanging out with all our friends and are so glad they all came to celebrate with us.
Here are some other pictures from the day.....
2 comments:
aahh! so cute. she is adorable. so you look great, sis! you're a hottie mom. love you.
I think you should do cake making on the side. You have a real talent.
Post a Comment