Thursday, March 05, 2009
The Flu strikes
The Flu has struck the Burke house. So far it is just me, which I am thankful for. I am pretty much positive I got it from working at the Peds office. I worked this past Saturday and saw 12 positive flu cases in the 4 hours I was there. And 2 of the kids sneezed or coughed right in my face. So that is probably my culprit. And for all wondering, No...I didn't get a flu shot. But of the 12 kids with flu I saw they had all gotten the flu shot so I am not feeling it would have been of any help to me anyhow! I am feeling much better today, yesterday was absolutly horrible. I have never had the flu before. Yesterday was the first time ever that I have had to call Joe at work to come home, but I knew there was no way I could take care of the kids. He came home and I slept all day, sort of. I finally went in the evening to get a flu test done and checked out and it was positive. So I guess now I just wait it out. Today is much better, which I just attribute to God since I knew Joe had to go into work today so I got Owen off to school, thanks to my friend Shannon who took him, and Josie down for a nap and Maggie is no trouble at all. I was supposed to take her to see a play at the Derby Dinner theater today so I am sad we didn't get to go do that. But she had no idea about it so she doesn't know she missed out. Well, I am going to rest a little before my wild man gets home from school!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment