Saturday, March 14, 2009

Welcome baby Jackson

Neila-Susan had her baby boy this past Wednesday. His name is Jackson Grant and he is absolutley adorable. We went up Wednesday and took Carson to meet his new baby brother. Both mom and baby are doing great and came home today so we have another one to join our group of crazy, but fun, kids. :)



















In other news, Owen took a major face plant yesterday right into the concrete. He and Maggie were outside racing and he fell flat on his face and busted his lip, and busted up his face pretty good as well. The good news is he won the race. :) The bad news is I hadn't gotten easter pics yet so I am hoping he heals quickly. He really does look awful.















We went out today to look for the kids a swingset and shop a little. It seems like it's been forever that we had a Saturday to just spend the day together so it was really nice. We headed out at lunch time and Joe took the kids in Chuck E Cheese to play some games while I went to Target. After that we grabbed some lunch and went to Coldstone for some ice cream.
Then it was off to look at swingsets and then to the mall. The kids had fun (obviously since the day was basically about them having fun) and we met up with our friends Jeff, Shelia, and their kids for dinner and dessert. Josie didn't nap all day and did great to be so sleep deprived. She has gotten into throwing her pacifier (or anything else in her hand) down and saying "uh-oh" all the time so her poor paci hit the mall floor so many times I sure hope her immunity is up right now!

We are all better from our visit from the flu thankfully. Nothing big going on this week other than getting things ready for our big "rekid sale" me and a few other friends are doing in a few weeks. I have ALOT of work to do to get ready for it so I am hoping to make some progress this week.


Our last bit of news is HUGE and very exciting. We were driving in the car this week adn Maggie said, "Mommy, what did you tell me you have to say to ask Jesus in your heart?" I told her that you have to tell Jesus you have sinned and done bad things and that you are sorry and ask Him to forgive you. And then you have to ask Him to live in your heart and help you to be good and act in a way that would make Him happy. And then you tell others about Jesus.
I could see her back in her carseat just talking to herself so in a bit she says, "mommy, ya know those things you told me you have to say, I said them!" I said, "you did maggie???? that is wonderful." She says, "so what does that mean I am now Mommy?" and I told her it meant she was a christian. She said, " what is a christian?"" So I explained to her what it was and told her how great it was that she now had Jesus in her heart. She then turend to Owen and asked him why he didnt want to be a Christian. :) I told her Owen could do it when he was ready, just like her. Anyhow, I know at the age of 5 she doens't grasp all she said, but I am thrilled that she has the desire already in her heart.

No comments: