Here is a picture of Maggie, Owen, and Isaac.
How sweet is this! This is a rare moment when Owen is being included with the two of them. They tend to prefer to play without Owen most of the time. I often hear him saying, "Why do you guys leave me out Mag??" And her response is always funny to me....."Owen, Isaac and I just need our private time."
Owen LOVES riding bikes and since he has ridden his spiderman bikes until it is broken we went out and got him a new bike. We ended up getting him a bigger one since he rode Maggie's just fine. We took him to the store and let him try out every bike they had and he just rode each one around the store. He finally settled on the "hot wheels" bike.
He is enjoying it very much so it was a great purchase. Maggie likes riding bikes, but not as much as Owen. She was not happy that she didn't get a new bike but we told her as soon as she was ready for the bigger size we would upgrade hers as well. We have enjoyed spending lots of time outside and are VERY excited about our new project going on here.......our swingset.
Our backyard is pretty uneven and has lots of trees. So Joe has been working cutting the tree's down to make more room. Last weekend we had a guy come in to level it out, we knew he'd do a good job when we saw his Caterpillar! :)
Owen (and Joe) were in heaven the whole time he was here tearing up the yard and getting it level. Owen spent his morning sitting right here watching it all.
After he was done it looks great and is the perfect place for the kids swingset.....now we just have to get the guys to come and set that up.
I am hoping they can do it while we are at Disney since I think that would be a great surprise when we come home.
Okay, so I know you all are wanting to see how cute my little Josie was the other day eating cheese puffs.
I LOVE this baby....she is so much fun.
We had some friends over the other night for a cookout and had so much fun. Here are Josie and her best buddy (she may not know it yet. :) Molly waiting on their dinner to come.
These two are going to be TROUBLE before too long when they can put their ideas together.
Joe and I had a brilliant idea to teach the kids how to play Red Rover. We lined them all up on two sides of the yard and began the chant...."Red Rover Red Rover..."
Well, within the first 3 minutes Bella and Maggie were out with injuries and crying. Owen on the other hand LOVED it and thought this was the greatest game ever. The kids played for quite awhile and Maggie went and rejoined after I told her the trick was to let go when they got to your arms and not to worry about holding on and keeping them from coming through. (Her dad's advice would have been to hold on for dear life....I am NOT competitive....especially at the expense of getting hurt) The kids all had fun playing in the yard and the adults had fun chatting, eating, and playing Settlers!! We had a late night as usual and lots of
fun.
Josie had fun watching the kids play and eating popsicles.
She is going to LOVE summer I do believe.
We fly out tommorow afternoon for Disney World so keep checking for that update!!
1 comment:
Red Rover, Red Rover, the Burkes need to come over (and visit)!
:) Kirsten
Post a Comment