Sunday afternoon Neila-Susan and I packed the kids up and went into Louisville to take the kids to see Sesame Street Live. I wasn't sure about taking Josie as I thought she'd either LOVE it or be horrible the whole time. But I told Joe I was going to chance it and take her with me. Well turns out it was the right choice becasue she loved it. She sat the entire time just boucning her head to the music and clapping her hands. Maggie, Owen, and Carson also really enjoyed it and sang and danced the whole time. Maggie hadn't been so sure about going at first. She told me she didn't really like Sesame Street. I told her a friend of mine had taken her little girl adn she really liked it. Well, about 15 minutes into the show Maggie looked at me and said, "Mom, your friend was right. This is great!!"
The kids had their easter parties at preschool this week and I totally forgot my camera card in my camera for Owen's party so I am at the mercy of my friends to email the pictures from that day. I remembered the card for Maggie's party the next day so I got some pictures of her egg hunting and singing.
I had friends keep Josie and which ever kids party day it was not so I could go to Maggie/Owen's party with just them and spend some time together. I am so glad I can do that as I think they both really enjoy just having me to themselves even if just for 1 hour. I made bunny cookies for Maggie's party which were really cute, I didn't make enough for maggie and Owen to get to eat or decorate so that is on our agenda for this spring break week. Cookie making, easter egg dying and egg hunts!! Mom and Dad are headed down Thursday for a few days so we have that to look forward to as well!!
Friday after Maggie's party we headed to the mall to get the kids Easter pictures taken. They turned out really cute so keep watch in your mail this week! We went to visit the easter bunny and all the kids loved that, even Josie. She kept looking at him then would look at me and crack up.
We went to the park a few days this week as well which is alot of fun. Yesterday we went to our friend Bella's birthday party at the swimming pool and the kids had a blast.
They all love the water and Josie joins right in. I am so glad because my kids don't have much of a choice as to love the pool since that is where we live all summer!! Joe got in with Josie and she was happy as can be until you tried to take her out. Maggie can touch all over the kiddie pool this year so she thought that was cool.
Owen had fun and tried to take Josie for a ride around the pool too!
Maggie and Kylie have the same suit this year so they were excited about that.
Here are the kids during break time.
After getting home from the party we got dressed and headed to Lexington for the afternoon. Joe took the kids to see the movie Bolt and I headed to Hamburg for my favorite pastime.....shopping. I cannot begin to tell you my excitement when I saw they now have a Carter's store there!!! My Lexington friends....how have you held out on my about this??? Anyhow, we first went to eat at Donatos before the movie and as Joe got Josie out of the seat we saw that we were goign to have a problem. She had totally blown out her diaper all over her white outfit. So Joe being the McGuiver he is fixed her up a white toga by using his T-shirt he had on under his shirt. She covered that in pizza sauce and than she and I headed to get her a new outfit to wear while they watched a movie. I had about 3 good hours there which was great and Josie is an excellent shopper. She had not napped all day aside from an hour that morning so between swimming and shopping she was worn out on the ride home.
Today Joe got started on a very exciting project at our house........the kids swingset!!! He cut down some trees out back to clear out a big area in the wooded area for the set to go. He was quite impressive back there lookin like Paul Bunyon with a chainsaw and dragging huge trees around and did a great job. Now we just need to get it leveled this week if the weather will cooperate and then comes the swingset. The kids are very excited as am I since we can have swings and slides here and not have to go anywhere. This will be especially great when they are up but Josie is napping!!
Josie is quite the character around here and I have to admit very much a daddy's girl. I told Joe she is our first kid at 13 months that likes him better than me!! She loves me but the second she hears Joe's voice she starts saying daaaad daaaad and looking for him. And if he is on the room my chances of her staying with me are slim. She is as rotten....and probably a bit spoiled....and voices her opinion quite clearly already! And girl LOVES to eat. I couldn't find her today but could hear her and I walk in the kitchen and she was up IN the cabinet where we keep cereal. How funny!
This is the kids spring break week so we will have lots of fun with all our friends I am sure. We also are getting ready for our big trip to Disney World in a few weeks which I am probably as excited about as the kids. We are flying out the 24th and come back on May 2nd. Mom and Dad are meeting us there so we are sure to have a great time. I already have our weeks agenda planned out and a few special meals with cinderella, mickey and playhouse disney set up so it should be a blast. Well, that is the excitement here in the Burke house!
One last note.......I have been having a horrible time with Owen keeping his room picked up latley. I have done everything from punish him to leaving it messy to gathering up everything on the floor and putting it into a garbage bag and taking it out. (No, I did not really throw it all away but he didn't know that) Anyhow, I picked up today and arragned his clothes for spring and tonight when we got home went up to find that sometime today his room had gotten totally torn up again. I was furious and so Joe took him up and showed him his room and asked Owen if he had done it and why. Owen's response was "I think maybe a robber got in my room." Hmmmm.....
2 comments:
LOL. Owen's robber comment was hysterical! they all look so cute. i need to see miss josie and that attitude. tell maggie to eat some more bread-- she is so tall. she is joe up and down.
These are great pics. Maggie looks so much like a kindergartener now :(
Post a Comment