Thursday, April 16, 2009

Happy Easter!

Easter was fun here in the Burke house. Aside from us having a never ending virus that began with Joe and passed from person to person and back again...I am pretty sure Joe is the swine flu culprit in the US. :) haha. Maggie wanted to leave the Easter Bunny some carrots the night before and a note.













We had easter cookies but she insisted the he liked carrots better, I am guessing this is becaue my sugar cookies are one thing she actually does like. Smart girl huh.

The kids got up and found their baskets stuffed full of candy and toys.



They were very excited and Owen was thrilled that he got peeps that matched his stuffed peep which MiMi had gotten him.











Maggie looked through her basket in true "meghan style" nice and orderly. Owen...well let's just say he probably had no clue what all he got by the time his basket was empty. Yes, he takes some things after Joe. :) And poor Josie didn't wake up until later.














But when she did she was a huge fan of pop rocks. She would walk to Joe and open her mouth for him to pour them in and then hold her mouth open so she could hear them popping.
















It was so funny. She spent a good deal of her morning stealing everyone's candy and walking off with it.


















I made the kids easter egg shaped cinnamon toast for breakfast and let them have a picnic while watching a show.











Josie had laid down for a nap since she wasn't feeling so great so I got the kids ready for church and Joe stayed home with her to let her rest up. I hated not taking her on Easter Sunday but she was really snotty and had a fever so I figured better not to infect the rest of the nursery...plus with us leaving for disney so soon the goal is to keep every one healthy!! After church I got Josie in her dress so that I could get a easter picture of the 3 of them all dressed up but as you can see from my pictures, it was a waste of my time.















They looked so cute and thankfully I had already gotten easter pictures done so I had some cute ones from there.
(This first picture is such a true description of my 3 kids)








3 comments:

Amanda said...

they are too cute. i miss them already!!!!

Whitney (for the rest of the Shouses) said...

I LOVE their Easter outfits! Your kids are too darn cute!

Anonymous said...

Love the Easter pictures! It looked like a fun morning!
Kirsten