Monday, November 16, 2009

Sleepover...

The kids had their first every sleep over at a friends house this past weekend. My friend Sheila called and wanted to know if Owen could spend the night with Isaac since his sisters (nicole and Julia) were having friends spend the night. Well, since Isaac and Maggie have always been best buddies I didnt think it would go over well with her....she said she thought about asking Maggie to spend the night with him but thought it may be a little weird. (Yes, I agree)...so we decided to let them both spend the night with maggie sleeping with the girls at bedtime. They were sooo excited and Owen immedietly packed a weeks worth of stuff in one of his bins to take.

Sheila said they stayed up past midnight and were up at 7 the next morning which doesnt give my kids even half the sleep they requre a day, so I knew there would be napping in our day Saturday! They came home and had had a blast,but I laid them all down at 12 30 to sleep. I had to wake all 3 of them up at 4:45 that evening and they still went to bed at 830 that night.

Isaac and Owen are playing more and more and I think Maggie is beginning to notice it more now. She ends up playing with the girls more as well, but the other night she said to me that "Owen is stealing her best friend, Isaac, from her." I felt so bad for her, but am glad poor Owen isn't totally left out all the time now!

Maggie and Owen are both at school right now and Josie and I are just being lazy!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

I'm glad you "let yourself go" and let them go :)