Sunday, November 01, 2009

Trick or Treat!

So this year was so much fun trick or treating with the kids. They all enjoyed it and loved dressing up. This is as close to a farm as I will EVER have....a cat, a mouse, and a chicken!































































































We got a late start on carving our pumpkins since Joe was out of town most of the week so Saturday morning we got up and Owen brought in all 10 or so of the pumpkins we had. We all began the carving process but quickly lost Owen when he heard the show, "Maggie and the Ferocious Beast" coming on. He claimed he had been waiting forever to watch it. :) Josie was intriugued by it all, but had no interest in getting the goo on her hands. I as only the photographer, so that left Maggie and Joe to go at them.



























































And they both went hard and had fun. After a bit of cutting, Joe got out his power drill to finish up the carving job. It worked quite well.


(only my husband, Mom...I thought you would find this amusing!)

























Josie got bored of it all after a bit and I found her watching TV standing on her toy.

She is definetly my climber.





























Everyone took a nap that afternoon since I knew we would be out late and when they woke up it was time to get ready to get some candy! Joe and I tackled the painting of the faces and then got Maggie and Owen dressed. We waited until the last possible minute to dress Josie as she had not enjoyed getting her costume on up to this point. It was quite a hastle getting her dressed but once she had it on she was quite fond of looking like a chicken....and I must say I do believe she is the cutest chicken I have EVER SEEN.










We began trick or treating on the street and as usual I only plan on letting them go to a few houses but always end up doing the whole neighborhood.





































I always say if this wasn't such a dark holiday, it would be the one made for Owen as it entails his 2 favorite things. Candy and dressing up. But he wasn't quite himself this year. I thought for sure he was probably getting sick but is still healthy as can be so I guess he was just having an off night.





























He had fun, but he usually is TOTALLY into everything and this year was just more stand offish. Maggie and Owen were much quicker than Josie but she was bound and determined to hit up every house just like them.












































If Joe or I would try to get her to skip a house she quickly put that to a stop and made her own path! We got through the neighborhood pretty fast, although we were stopped at least 20 times for people wanting to take Josie's picture.

We than loaded up in the van and headed over to the church to Trunk or Treat.




























We have had a "trunk" the past few years and have had so much fun doing that and this year was no different. I took the kids around to the trunks right when we got there so they could hang out with their friends and play the rest of the evening. They have hot dogs and smores so Owen and Josie enjoyed all of those treats too!Josie was all about getting more candy and had totally figured the whole thing out so she stuck right with the older ones and made sure she got hers.



















































































































Here are the kids with Kylie, Bella, and Molly.

















And Maggie and Owen with Isaac































This is our friend Rachel, who had without a doubt the most unique costume this year!





Maggie thought this was so neat she now says she wants to be an outhouse next year....although she has no clue what it is.



















Owen and his good buddy Tucker.

























And lastly, our little chicken who won the best costume in her age group this year!




I have to agree!

1 comment:

Whitney (for the rest of the Shouses) said...

Love their costumes especially Josie's!! That is the cutest chicken I've ever seen!