Sunday, January 31, 2010

Happy 2nd Birthday Josie!!!

So somehow 2 years have passed by, VERY QUICKLY, and our "baby" has turned 2! Josie has transformed from the sweet, passive, agreeable, EASY baby she was until about the age of 15 months into an active, opinionated, loud, FUN, personality filled 2 year old. She is like Maggie and Owen in some ways, but definetly has her own sense of style and personality...and it wont take long to hang out with her to see what it is. Like my other 2, she is not at all shy.....but although she isn't shy, if she isn't in the mood to chit chat with you...she just won't. :) She ADORES, and that is an understatment, her big "Sissy". (as she calls her) And Maggie pretty much feels exactly the same. She and her "O Bo" (as she calls him) have come along way and have their sweet moments too.

I tried on several occasions to get some pictures of Josie to send out for her birthday. She has no desire to be in front of a camera, sitting still smiling.....unless of course it was her idea to begin with. So here is a small view of that. If you got the card you saw the best shots from those days.....



























































































This would be the point where Josie totally lost interest in getting her picture taken and saying "cheese" (which probably should have been my cue to quit)......
























































But of course then I never would have gotten this next set of picutres (which were Aunt Amanda's personal favorites) that show my darling Josie in what can often be her true form.....

She wants DOWN!!!!!












































And from there it pretty much went downhill.......






(do you not LOVE the little fists all balled up though)

























And this was minutes later.....in true Josie (Jekyll and Hyde) form.....

Happy as can be building blocks....
























This is a typical animated Josie look.





















This weekend I had planned a birthday party for Josie, but the snow decided to show up, quite a big between WV and Ky. So Mom, Dad, and Amanda couldn't make it to our house. So we had a small party with us and Nana and Papa.















I made Josie a Dora cake, which she loved. She had picked out Dora and Diego plates too.





















She was so funny when we sang happy birthday to her......this was pretty much her response the entire time.
















Owen and I had been singing it to her all week in the car and everytime we would sing she would clap and say "yeahhhhh" at the end. But I guess at this point she had no response to it anymore.





She opened up some gifts as well and I had gotten her some dora panties. (Not that I plan on training her any time soon) She wanted to put all of them on at once and was quite proud of them.


































So there you have.....Josie is now 2! She keeps this house very lively and we all love her soooo much!!! Happy 2nd birthday Miss Josie!

No comments: