Saturday, January 23, 2010

WV and Spirit week

So we made an impromptu trip to WV last weekend. Joe was going to be out of town all week and he was sick the weekend before so the kids and I packed up to go visit MiMi and JaJa since Maggie had Monday off of school anyhow. We had alot of fun, the kids got to see TJ and Gracie, which they always love. We visited with family and Aunt Amanda was there as well so that made it even better! JaJa had had surgery on his knee that week so he was stuck resting his leg, which made him the perfect place to cudddle up and watch movies! The kids used as lap and rotated turns watching shows with him. Josie had a cough and it got worse through the weekend which kept her up at night a little. Everynight when Dad went to bed she wanted to go with him and climbed right up in bed with him, snugggled up and went to sleep. (I was sooo thankful for this!!) Mom cooked the most delicious meals, of course, every day. She says it's becasue I didn't have to cook it but I disagree and think Amanda would agree with me. My mom is the best cook, I always tell her she could pull crap out of the fridge and by the time she had it to the table it is absolutley delicious.
We had such a good time I was horrible about picture taking. The only picture I took was of Josie one night after a bath....Amanda was playing me her songs she wrote on the piano and Josie comes flying in the family room to play with her.......naked!



































We ended up staying until Tuesday, Joe was gone and I figured it wouldn't hurt Maggie to miss a day so we enjoyed everyone one last day before heading back Tuesday afternoon.

That week was Spirit week at Maggie's school so Tuesday evening I remembered that Wednesday was decade day. Maggie was supposed to dress up from a any previous decade and I had NOTHING. I began calling all my friends to see if anyone had anything and finally got a hold of a poodle skirt. Maggie was so excited to wear it the next morning and I thought she loooked like an adorable 50's girl.





















Thursday was cowgirl day, and once again I had nothing to dress her in since I had just purged the kids rooms a few weeks before and gotten rid of all the cowboy hats. But the same friends came to the rescue again and hooked her up with cowgirl gear. She chose not to wear the hat and said she liked the bandana better. :)














We are just getting ready for Josie birthday next week...she is turning 2!!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

ok. not sure i have laughed so hard in awhile than when i saw the many faces of josie! she is hysterical. mag is the perfect "pink lady" girl. adorable. we hated missing the party. let's reschedule one!!!