The kids were so excited and couldn't wait to try out sledding so we made a good path and let them go at it.
We have a well at the end of our yard that goes over into a ditch. It is a good ways down so I never drempt that they would get that far. Maggie took off picking up alot of speed and the further she went I realized she was headed straight towards that well and began yelling, "jump off Maggie, jump off!!" Luckily she realized what I was saying and dove off just before the sled went over. It isn't so deep they would really get hurt too badly, but it is lined with rocks so after that they made sure to pay attention when they were getting close.
We sledded for along time and then went up and made snow angels and tried for a snowman. We probably were out about 2 hours which was very good since I had thought they may last 30 minutes at the most!
Here are some more pictures of them enjoying the snow!!!
After heading in we of course had to have some hot chocolate with marshmellows.
Maggie even wanted some...although she left about as much in her mug as I put to begin with. :)
I think she just liked the idea of it!
Owen drank every last drop......
We are hoping for a few more snow days before spring gets here and may get Josie out in the snow if Joe is here to give me a hand with it.
Josie didn't get any time in the snow, but here she is today keeping warm in the bath!!
No comments:
Post a Comment