How in the world has an entire year passed since my sweet baby #4 was born??? I hate how fast the time goes....I have enjoyed every second of her first year, yes even the middle of the night feeds....which we still have. :) But with each year I always look back and wish I had enjoyed it even more....wish I had taken in every single little second of their lives. I know that is impossible, there is laundry to do, dishes to wash, dinner to be made and errands to be run.....but I want to bottle up the noises in my house right now, because I don't ever want them to end!
Emmie Jayne has been a wonderful 4th baby...the kind of 4th baby that makes a 5th baby sound great! (No, there is no hidden message in there, hahaha) She is totally delightful pretty much all the time. Maggie, Owen and even Josie all love her to pieces. And she lights up when she see's them too! I love 1st birthdays, probably because there is no consulting the kid on the theme, cake, etc. So I get to come up with the idea, although Maggie had most of the input this time around...she loves party planning too! We decided on the theme of cupcakes, and made a giant cupcake with smaller versions around the bottom. It turned out very cute I thought!
I made Emmie Jayne a smaller version of the cake as her "smash cake"
Once all the kids got here we started with a game of "pin the candle on the cupcake".
We had a range of ages from 1 to 11 so I had a hard time trying to figure out how high to put the cupcake on the wall. Nobody got right on, and from the placment I am thinking we had a few "peekers". haha
Emmie Jayne tried to get in on the game too!!
The kids were ready for cake and icecream after that,
Emmie's guests were Mimi and Jaja, our friends Sheila and Jeff and their kids and Shannon and preston and their kiddos. Emmie's friend, Eli, was going to come but his 1st birhday is just 3 days before her so his party was the same time! His mom and I decided next year we would have to plan their parties on different days. Nana and Papa couldn't make it up this weekend either, but we are going there next weekend and will celebrate then, 2 parties and cakes are even better than 1!!
Emmie Jayne liked us singing happy birthday to her, and got help from Joe in blowing out the candle before she grabbed it!
She wasn't sure what to think at first and would just stick her finger in the icing and lick it. After a few licks she decided this was good stuff and picked up the pace a little.
she had more on her hands than in her mouth!
yes, she liked it!
the final product of her cake playing/eating...
We headed outside to bust the pinata after that, I had not planned on doing a pinata but found the cutest cupcake one that matched all her birthday stuff and just couldn't resist! Emmie Jayne checked it out before it got busted up, if she had known it was filled with candy she'd of probably tried to get in it herself.
We started the pinata from smallest to biggest and typically make it through everyone at least once. I guess this year the pinata was weaker or the smaller ones are getting stronger.....
because this year we only made it to Isaac, which was number 6, before it burst open. I don't think anyone cared since there was candy to be grabbed up though!
After the candy was out the pinata served a different purpose....
Josie kept watching everyone putting it on their head and a little bit later I looked over and saw her standing there like this.....she is so funny.
I somehow got a picture of all 11 kids looking at the camera! Yes, all of these children are from us and 2 other couples....and another one will be here in a month making us have 12 kids between us!
And my 4......I couldn't love them anymore than I do!!
Ages 7, 5, 3, and 1.....I have been so blessed, I never drempt my life would turn out just the way I dreamed....and even better.
It was then present opening time....she was so cute and just peeked into the bag before grabbing in them. I guess she wasn't sure what she was going to get ahold of.
She got some cute toys, a few clothes, and a sippy cup.....I am hoping this helps her find a source of drink from some place other than me, at least every once in awhile!
Two of the three boys at the party (and most of our get togethers!)....little Ian will be joining up with them before long I am sure..
Another shot of the whole crew.....
Molly and Josie.....BFF's, partners in crime, or wrestling partners....we never know with these two!
But aren't they cute together!
Emmie Jayne with her MiMi....who had just gotten back from Hawaii not even 24 hours before, drove home from cincinnati after flying in and then drove back 3 hours to our house to celebrate!!
What a MiMi!! We love you and are so glad you made it!
Emmie Jayne with her biggest sister.......she doesn't realize what a gem she got in an oldest sister....but it won't be long until she'll adore her the way Josie does!
Her other big sister who was actually excellant all day.....
she is showing me her mean face, but it didn't come out the whole party. :)
And my sweet Emmie Jayne at the end of her party....probably all tired out, but still smiling! We love you baby girl...Happy 1st birthday!
No comments:
Post a Comment