Thursday, November 24, 2011

A Thanksgiving tradition.....

Spending Thanksgiving at home with just the 6 of us is becoming quite a tradition, unfortunatly. We had planned to go in to visit family for Thanksgiving this year, as well as last year if you remember our that post. (Josie began puking on the way there so we had to come home and I threw together a full Thanksgiving meal in a night) Anyhow, this year our plans got changed as well because Emmie Jayne had whooping cough, which if you don't know lasts like 100 days.....no seriously. So she was up through the night lots and also we didn't want to risk spreading it to anyone.

So we had another Thanksgiving at home with just us. I made a fulll Thanksgiving meal which I had not planned on but the kids voted me out. They didn't realize until 2 days before Thanksgiving that we weren't going anywhere or that no one was coming here. Owen asked me when everyone was going to get here for Thanksgiving and I told him no one was coming. He than asked when we were leaving to go there and I told him we weren't going anywhere because the baby was sick. He totally broke down and said we had to be with family on Thanksgiving....it was a tradition. I have no clue where he came up with that. haha. Anyhow, I then said we were probably going to have something else for Thanksgiving dinner and both he and Maggie insisted we had to have Turkey and all the sides. Once again, because it was tradition! This was particularly funny to me coming from Maggie who eats no meat at all.....so I couldn't figure out why she was so set on the turkey.

Anyhow, since they were wanting a full Thanksgiving meal, I did what all good mommys would do and headed to Kroger to get my turkey and such. The meal was delicious...although it always tasts better when you don't have to cook it. well, maybe next year I won't! The kids made turkey hands like they did last year, as well as Joe. We made a family turkey too with leaves saying what we were all thankful for. We found out Josie is thankful for Maggie, Owen was thankful for Joe and somehow this momma who slaved all night so the kids could get their meal was not anyones pick of what they were thakful for!! haha. But we all decided Emmie Jayne is very thankful for her momma's milk, so I guess that counts. Happy Thanksgiving!!




No comments: