Joe and I both went to a christian school growing up and both felt like it was beneficial to our lives. So thankfully when we had children it was never a question of if they would go to chrisitan school for either of us, it was never even a discussion. I love the small classrooms the kids have and that they learn about the bible every day, pray numerous times while they are there and are surrounded by others who have the same morals as us and love the same God we do. But my biggest love of their school is that it has kept their innocence longer than they would have had it otherwise despite what we do in our home. the other night I got a blessing from God that I will remember if I ever begin to hate writing that sum of money over to their school every July.......
We were in Walmart and I saw a lady I see often there late at night. she ususally has 6 small children with her and speaks horribly to them, cussing and being mean the entire time. I was telling Joe this as we were walking to the car and the kids were listening to me. They began to ask me what the lady does or says to her kids....I told them she just said really mean things and bad words to them. Owen asked what kind of bad words. And I told him just really bad ones.....than asked him what the baddest word he knew was. His eyes got huge and he said, "gosh mommy......like stupid?" (this made my heart smile a bit) I told him, yes....bad words like that. Maggie then piped in and said, "Mommy, I was thinking something alot worse than that, and I turned to my 8 year old asking her what the worst word she knew was.....she says, "I was thinking something worse than stupid mom, like kill....did she says kill to them?" (this made my heart beam)
I know many people will laugh that my 6 and 8 year olds don't know what a cuss word is..and I know that someday they will. But right now it is worth every penny we pay to keep their hearts as innocent as they showed me they are tonight....for as long as we can. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment