They had 2 weeks off and we tried to pack as much fun in that first week as we could....we knew the 2nd week would be fun since Christmas started the week!
We started the week out making gingerbread houses. I waited until Emmie Jayne went down for her morning nap and got out the grahm crackers, icing and candy for the kids. They had so much fun making them and were all very creative with their houses. I was surprised how well they got their houses to stay together.
Josie would build a little.....eat a little.....
Our next activity was christmas cookies. We did this when Emmie Jayne was up so it was a little more crazy. She consumed more sugar than she's probably ever had. The only way to keep her from climbing the table and grabbing everything was to put her in her high chair and give her cookies with icing. She had no desire to decorate anhything....just eat it!
We tried a new icing recipe this year and it was DELISH.
It also iced much better and not nearly as messy.
My Maggie is like her Mommy and loves to decorate cookies, and is quite a perfectionist about it.
My 3 sweet girls having fun making Christmas cookies
The finished product of the kids cookies....
We headed out next to the mall to see Santa. We had seen him at the library but they wanted to see him at the mall too. I love days like this with my kids....running around, going to mall, eating lunch out. I am sure if I homeschooled my kids this is what we would do all day.
There was quite a line when we got to the mall to see Santa, I guess 3 days before Christmas isn't the best time to go! Well, we waited and there were benches the kids could sit on. Josie and Owen spent along time just looking at Santa and talking. Owen kept whispering in her ear and she would crack up. I have no idea what the conversation was between these two but it looked so sweet....
Well, after waiting forever in the line we were up next to see Santa......and yep, it happened....Josie says "mommy, I have to pee.....like BAD!" Now when Josie says this you usually better listen because she means it. But I was so not gonna get out of this line and have to get back in and wait again. So I kept asking her if she could just wait to see Santa and she said she wasn't sure. Well, they said we could go see him and Owen says, "Josie, if you are gonna pee on Santa's lap you better tell us now!" She cracked up and said, "Owen, I'm not gonna pee on his lap!" So I just went for it and hoped for the best. Well, the kids all climbed on Santa's lap and wow....he was the grumpiest, meanest santa ever! He asked what the kids wanted for Christmas and Maggie proceeded to tell him that this year the kids had decided that instead of Santa bringing them 3 gifts (like he ussually does) they didn't want him to bring them anything, instead to take those gifts to kids that really needed something. (this was something that Maggie and Owen decided on their own). This Santa looks at them and says, "uhhhhh, okay than. cool." I am sitting there thinking, "seriously, cool is all you say to that santa!!" Anyhow, they all smiled for the picture even after Santa told Owen to sit still and smile.
As we walked away Maggie said, "wow, that Santa was grumpy. And Owen says, "Maybe Mrs. Claus didn't let him have any cookies!" haha.
After that it was lunch at our favorite....chick fil a. We stayed there several hours, the kids ate and then all played really well together in the play area. And then came back for some ice cream.
Emmie Jayne was loving her some ice cream......she has never had her own cone and was loving it.
This was an absolute perfect day with my 4 kiddos. I love them so very much!
No comments:
Post a Comment