Of course Maggie and Owen are pro's at opening gifts, Josie was so funny this year and isn't all that into many gifts. She opens one and is pretty happy. And Emmie quickly found out how fun it was to rip open presents.
Christmas Eve day I began round 2 of cooking. Mom and Dad headed to our house and I was making a big mexican meal for them, us, and Joe's family to all have together. It was nice to have everyone together (except my sis) and get to let the kids get to have a part of Christmas with all their family in one place. They enjoyed all the attention alot!
Joe's family headed home that afternoon and Mom and Dad stayed on to have Christmas at our house. That evening we enjoyed just relaxing and watching the kids excitment. The kids always open their gifts from each other on Christmas Eve so they were cute doing that.
They all loved what they got from each other and were so sweet thanking and hugging each other.
They all opened up a gift from Mimi and Jaja too.......headlamps.
haha. They thought they were so cool and I am sure will have many fun playtimes with those!
That night we sat down to read the Christmas story as a family and the kids wanted to read it with the lights out and their headlamps as the lighting. And of course Joe went along with it.
That night after the kids went to bed Santa arrived.
Thankfully I had prepared before hand so there wasn't much to be done aside from setting everything out. And this year Santa didn't bring anything so it was all just wrapped and nothing had to be set out.
I made our annual cinnomon rolls that we have every Chrsitmas morning and got those ready to bake in the morning and we all headed off to bed, knowing it would probably be an early morning. Plus, we had church at 11 so knew we needed to get rest so we could all be up adn ready in time.
Well, the next morning I woke up at 7:45 and couldn't believe that all the kids were still asleep! I went out and got my camera all ready while Joe went and woke the kids up.
Emmie Jayne ran out and looked down while he got the others all ready to come down.
She of course had no clue what everything was but was quite ready to head down the steps.
The kids all came running down and were so very excited to see all their gifts. They began opening them up and were all quite pleased they got the gifts they had really hoped for....
Owen got his DS and was thrilled!!
(wouldn't have to borrow maggie's anymore!)
Maggie got her Calico Critter house and all the animals to go with it!
Josie got a horse she had really wanted, although Josie opened a few gifts and than told me to just open the rest of hers.
haha.....she just wasn't all that into all the gifts, as long as she got one she was pretty happy.
And Emmie Jayne didn't get many gifts,
she had all her winnie the pooh babies she got adn other than that was pretty happy just playing with the boxes.
Maggie loves the stockings and was thriled she got a webkinz again in her stocking.
And this was my Christmas gift....and my everyday gift.
I love these babies more than I could ever find the words to express. I could never have drempt up more perfect children for me. Such a blessed momma that I am.
After all the opening of gifts and eating DELICIOUS homemade cinnamon rolls we all got ready for church to go celebrate the birth of Jesus! It was quite a task to get it all done and everyone ready that morning....but I want my children to understand that Christmas is so much more than gifts (and I did a horrible job this year of making them see this......gonna try much harder next year to downsize) and the only reason we have it is because of Jesus. So there is no way I could have said we can't make it to church on Christmas becasue we were too busy opening gifts! Thinking that would so not be a good thought to put in their heads. So we got there all dressed in their Christmas outfits and looking quite cute if I don't say so myself. :)
I got the little girls these adorable red coats on clearance a few weeks ago and they looked gorgeous on them.
Although Josie was no where to be found when I tried to get some pictures of her in it.
When we got home from church Aunt Amanda had just pulled in so I had a hard time pulling the kids away from her to get a picture of all of them all dressed up. So here is what I got.....
Emmie Jayne was sooooo not getting her picture taken despite her siblings trying to make her! She was very ready for naptime!
The past few Christmas's Joe has made dinner for all of us....our favorite dish at Carabbas....chicken or filet bryan with lots of yummy sides made by me. So this year we did the same and it was wonderful. I think that is one of Dad's favorite parts of the day. Well, after this year Joe had a new surprise for him that he may have enjoyed just as much! haha
The rest of the day was spent just hanging out together and relaxing. It was a wonderful Christmas day and I am so thankful for the amazing life I have been blessed with.
Happy Birthday Jesus!
No comments:
Post a Comment