So Joe had 2 trips planned last week and this week that were going to keep him out of town from Tuesday - Friday both weeks. Last week Mom and Dad came down and stayed with me to help out....and to see the kids in their Christmas program at school. Well, yesterday I was talking to Mom on the phone and telling her I had a horrible headache. I have a busy week with the kids school parties and Josie's dance recital and such so I was really hoping it went away. I had it all night long (everytime I woke up to feed Emmie my head pounded,,,,,which was quite often). Mom called me at 7:30 this morinng to see if I felt any better. I told her not really, that my headache stll hadn't gone away. I began my day, getting kids to school, getting oil changed in car, and other errands and got home around noonish. I put Emmie down for a nap and told Josie I needed to lay down hoping to get rid of the headache. Around 1:30 my phone rang and it was mom callling to check on me. I told her I was resting and we chatted for a minute or two when my doorbell rang. I walked to the door and could see a person standing to the side of the door. I was about to say, "mom, someone is at my door hiding off to the side" when I realized it WAS HER!! I always love seeing my parents but today I was beyond thrilled to see mom. I am such a lucky girl to have the parents that I do. They are always so willing to help out and know just when I need them most! I can't even begin to say all the times mom has driven up just to watch the kids for a few hours that I need help with or just to be with me while Joe travels. And dad never complains that I "steal" her away so often. So thank you so much Mom and Dad for all you do....I am so very thankful for you and love you both so much!!
Another nice surprise was at the end of the week....Joe got home and called to tell me he was on his way to the house and for Mom and I to get ready and decide where to go out to eat. So when he got home we headed out for a night of dinner and a little shopping together. It was so so nice and fun to get to hang out with mom and no little ones to compete with (cause I rarley win, haha) So another thank you to my hubby for that nice surprise!
See, I am one blessed girl!!
No comments:
Post a Comment