Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Havin' fun with friends!

We have been having lots of fun the past week. Last week Maggie and I made it to the pool everyday but Friday, and that is only because it rained. My friend Kari and her little boy Nicholas met us there a few days which made it nice since Maggie LOVES having Nicholas around to play with.
This weekend weekend we hung around the house and Maggie and Grandad enjoyed watching a few movies together!

She also got to go to yet another birthday party at a neighbor of mom and dad's. The little girl had a My Little Pony party and Maggie now loves the my little ponys. There were lots of little girls around her age there so she had a blast running around with them and jumping in the jupiter jump. The little girl who had the party is Maggie's friend, but all the other kids were new to her and the entire time she kept telling me all about her "new friend", which could mean any of the 10 other little girls. Saturday evening she played in her newest edition of "big toys for mom and dad to find a place for once we leave."


She and Owen both had a blast in the playhouse, and mom even got invited in to help cook.

Sunday we went to church which Maggie was happy about. She and Owen both go in their sunday school classes just great now. That morning I was fixing Maggie's hair and I gave her my wallet to get some money out for her offering. When I was done I checked her purse and she had 60 dollars and some change to take! I guess she was feeling quite generous that day. After church we headed to Diehls to eat after having a small family photo shoot out front.



Owen also attempted a few steps with the help of JR.
Maggie and Owen always love the spaghetti (gaspetty as maggie calls it) there but I guess Maggie had a little too many bowls of popcorn and cookies in sunday school because she didn't eat much. Owen made up for it though as you can see and ate not only all of his but a portion of everyone else's meal as well.


We have been taking walks every evening and the other night while walking a dog was running a bit ahead of us. Maggie began slowly running behind it and after a bit looked back at mom and I and smiled saying, "look guys, I'm walking the dog." A bit later the dog suddenly turned around and came back our way, Maggie stopped in her tracks and bolted back towards us....guess the dog was now walking her. Mom and I thought it was pretty funny.
Last night Maggie hosted her first slumber party. Allie, Liv, and Wil came to spend the night with us. We got a few movies and made cookies and they all had a really fun time.




They showed Maggie a few new cheers and dance moves and she had a blast. Owen also liked having all the extra attention and could not hardly keep his eyes off of Wil, I guess he was learning all the fun boy things he gets to do when he finally gets up on his feet. We had planned to go swimming today but the weather didn't cooperate. Maggie and I went to Chuck E. Cheese with Karri and Nicholas and had lots of fun. The kids had a really fun time, although they mainly stayed on 2 rides over and over.





Maggie downed 3 pieces of pizza which is funny because she hasn't touched pizza in forever. She always tells me it is too yuck. But with Nicholas eating it she also did today, and the last time she ate it was at his birthday party a few weeks ago. Guess she knows he likes pizza and wants to impress him! After playing at Chuck E. Cheese we went to Toys R Us and looked around. I found a few videos for 3 dollars that I got to take back to Germany and then it was home for a late naptime. Maggie and I are really going to miss Karri and Nicholas when we leave, we have had so much fun hanging out with them. We are hoping they decide to come visit us in Germany sometime!
We are hoping to get to the pool tommorow with TJ and Lori if it doesn't rain. The rest of the week is dreary looking so tommorow is our best bet. We have some good news and some bad news. The good news is our internet/US phone are back up and working. Alot of you may have not even known it is down, but for those who have been trying to call Joe in Germany and unable to reach him, it is now working! We only have about a week and a half before he gets here now and we are really happy about that. Maggie is talking more and more about Joe so she will be thrilled to see him.
The bad news is we are not going to be making our trip to Peoria. Turns out they decided they didn't need Joe to go to the training since the people came there to do it, so I am bummed about not getting to go see everyone. Hopefully they will need him to go there another time before too long though and the kids and I can tag along.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

This afternoon I sat and am now caught up the blogs. Meghan, you do a great job. I love hearing about your family and seeing the pics. Your children are adorable! And I was thinking how nice for Joe to have such great updates. I would like to have some of the pics, like the one of you guys in front of the church. Can you email pics to me? We'll have to discuss this!

Anonymous said...

"on the blogs" Preview, Preview!!!

Mary said...

Boo hoo, Joe!

Anonymous said...

I know I know. Its not that you guys are worth coming to see alone, it just makes it a crazy week of driving. Tell Mark we will postpone our golf outing.

We miss you guys!!

Meghan said...

I believe he meant "it's not that you guys AREN'T worth coming to see alone."
I really think he just didn't want to let mary and I get to shop!

Mary said...

Well, he has a legitime concern there! I have been doing some major damage these past few weeks at the mall!

Anonymous said...

oops! thanks meghan for the correction. Nothing new mary, meghan still has to interpret to others what I am trying to say HUH?

Mary said...

Joe,
You are hopeless, so at least you accept the fact. Tonight we sat out on our front driveway for the first time in weeks and enjoyed the weather and looked longingly at your old house.......bird lady just isn't the same.

Anonymous said...

did you cook smores?... on your driveway?