Sunday, October 08, 2006

What we've been up to

This week has been pretty laid back, we haven't gotten out much other than playgroup on thursday which was alot of fun and makes for a great afternoon for me. Since Owen misses his morning nap when we go, and Maggie plays for a solid 2 hours they are both ready to crash when we get home and usually sleep about 3 hours so I have some nice "mommy time." Friday morning my friend Ose' came over with her little girl Anna and she and Maggie had a fun time playing. I had a talk with Maggie before she came about sharing, which is not one of Maggie's best qualities right now, and she did really well the whole time. Anna's enlish is "england" english so it's a little different than ours and at one point maggie was playing wild, as maggie can do, and Anna said, "no maggie, we must play properly." How funny, as if Maggie even knows what "playing proper" means. It was a fun morning though and another mom I met at playgroup is coming over monday morning with her 2 little boys to let the kids play so that will be fun. I just hope maggie will play with him, she's very into boys and girls now and alot of times she says she can't play with someone or something because it's a "boy" or "boy stuff.". She prefers to wear pink at all times, and if she isn't wearing pink, her entire outfit must match! How funny, so much for those who say you should raise your kids to not have the gender sterotypes!! My kids didn't have a chance at that, she was decked out in pink from day one and Owen's never worn anything but blue. :)

Thursday evening we took Matt to see the Baltic Sea, Maggie liked it there even though it was freezing!!



I wish I'd of taken her when it was warm and let her play in the sand, I think she'd of really liked that, Owen I am sure would have eaten his fair share of it. We didn't stay long, the wind was pretty cold and it stunk awful, we think it was all the clams or oysters that were washed up on shore. We haven't done much else other than hang around the house, the kids have had fun playing with Matt and Owen's had a few fun trips to the store to stock up on bread and coke with him. He flies out this wednesday to go home and then is heading to Kansas to see his girlfriend so he is excited about that I am sure.


For those of you who care to see different things about other countries, here is the lifeguard stand in Germany...





















For those of you who don't care about that stuff,,,,,I agree my kids are more interesting so here is a picture of Owen singing "This little light of mine."














Maggie and Owen both soaked their beds last night so by 7 am they both were in between Joe and I. This would be fine if they were both like Maggie, who will just curl up by you adn go right back to bed. But we have our precious baby boy Owen, who is like a loose cannon all the time and thinks anytime out of his crib is playtime. So by 7 30 we were all up starting our day. Maggie woke up with a cough/cold and a little fever so I let her lay on the couch and watch her clifford movie. At the end it shows different crafts you could make so of course she wanted to do that. I only had the stuff needed to make one of them so we made her a clifford hat. It was actually pretty cute, and really easy so she liked doing that. Today is another boring sunday in Germany, although our friend told us that for some reason he thinks everything is open today for a special occasion so we may have to venture out and see if anything is really actually open on Sunday here!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love your pictures! The kids are so cute! :) kirsten