Monday, October 16, 2006

Will I ever sleep again???

So 15 months into my little boy's life and latley it feels like we just brought him home from the hospital.....actually the sleep deprivation is even worse than those first few weeks. It seems he's forgotten that night time is for sleeping. I honestly can't remember the last time he slept the entire night through without some sort of crying episode at some point between 8 pm and 8 am. But this past week or so has been horrible, he is getting up between 7-10 times at night and screaming for no apparent reason. He seems more mad than anything, and it's REALLY hard to ignore. Especially since the mom part of me is thinking what if something is wrong or hurting him. So Joe and I have been taking turns getting up trying to soothe him. It seems the best thing to do with him is just let him play in his playroom which Joe says made him happy. But at 3 am I think I won't be choosing to play. Anyhow, he is down for a nap now and not crying, but it makes for really long days since he's so exhausted and cranky from lack of sleep that we can't really go out anywhere. So I am done complaing about that now.......I can just hear my mom telling me that these are the best days of my life, so enjoy them. I just wish I could get enough sleep so that I will be able to remember them mom!

On another note, Maggie and Joe had their first daddy/daughter date yesterday.

He took her to see the movie CARS, which was also the first time she had seen a movie in a theater. (it was in english) She was so excited to go and got dressed up really cute. When she left she said, "bye mom, have a good time." How funny, she is still trying to figure out the right phrases to say in converstions. They got home after 8, and she told me she loved it and had such a good time. They ate popcorn and candy of course! Joe told me that he didn't think she had as good of a time as she was letting on, he said the movie was too long and not one of pixar's best and the last half hour of the movie she kept saying she needed to go home now. :) I am betting if it had been Dora or the Wizard of Oz she wouldn't have budged the whole time. But it seemed like they both had fun and she seemed really happy with her outing with Daddy so that's all that matters.

Owen and I didn't do much other than try to catch up on laundry, which never seems to happen since it takes 3 hours to do 1 load. He crawled around the house the whole time they were gone yelling, "mamee" (which is maggie).
He is so cute now the way he mimics everything we do.














Joe had been reading books to him and then he got the books and read to his monkeys. Of course, being Owen, after he looked over at them and thought about it, he decided it was more fun to throw the monkeys in the floor....which is what he does with EVERYTHING.


You can probably tell from the last post compared to these pics of Owen that I cut his hair the other day. It was getting to shaggy it was driving me nuts, so while Maggie was asleep I took him downstairs and went to work. I must say I have NO clue how hairstylists cut a 1 year olds hair and get it all even. It turned out okay I suppose, but when Maggie got up she was playing and just looked at Owen a bit and then said, "mommy, did Owen get a hair cut?" I couldn't beleive she noticed and I hadn't mentioned it to her. I said yes he did, pretty cute huh? She said, "no, it looks pretty yucky I think." So I guess she wasn't too impressed with my hair cutting skills. :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think his hair looks adorable, you do such a great job! Carlyn has no hair to cut, so I am insanely jealous!:0 Kirsten

Mary said...

Oh my god, the sleep nazi in me is screaming out loud WHY, WHY, WHY?

But, the friend in me says sorry about your nights!

Amanda said...

i think the hair looks great. you can try mine at home. maybe o is just impatient to get back to the east coast time zone :) tell them aunt amanda and uncle tres are ready to play!!!! i can't wait to see you, sis. also, i updated. no pics yet but at least an update.