Sunday, February 25, 2007

A fun sunday

We went to the early service again today so that we could get home early to hang out with Val and Lucas this afternoon. Maggie enjoyed sunday school again but when I went to pick her up she said, "mom, we didn't even do a craft today!" and had a bit of disgust in her voice, and the teacher was standing next to her. I am not sure what they did today b/c she didn't even have a story paper like she ususally does, but she seemed happy so I am just glad she had fun. Owen also did better today, joe went to drop him off and I saw them walking into his class, he was behind Joe and he walked in the class and once he realized where he was he did a total circle and ran back out. He cried a bit they said but when we picked him up he was happy and playing so I am hoping before too long he will be happy to go like Maggie is. When we got home Val, lucas, and Gary came over. I was so glad to get to see Val and catch up some. It was also nice to meet Gary who I have heard so much about and of course to see Lucas. He and Maggie hit it off and played great the whole time. She called him "her friend" and he called her "that girl" most of the time.







Lucas is very funny and gets it honestly...you know what I mean if you know Val. I am hoping they can come back soon so we can hang out longer since they didn't get to stay too long today. They left around 3 and Joe headed off to go play basketball with Nick for an hour or so. He went to Lowes and if you know Joe and Lowes he never comes home empty handed. :) Well, he pulled in the drive way with the bed of his truck full of all kinds of things, one of which was this......

















I guess they had a bunch of stuff marked on clearance and since we needed a grill for this summer he decided to get one while they were on sale. I was sort of hoping we could get a green egg grill, like Johnny and Wendy have but I am he will cook up good steaks on this one too.

We are heading over to Nick and Neila's tonight for dinner and Neila and I may go to swim with the kids tommorow at the local indoor pool. This Thursday I go to sign Maggie up for preschool in the fall. I cannot belive she is old enough to go to preschool already. I am glad it's only 2 days a week for 3 hours because I couldn't stand her being gone anymore than that.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

As always, cute pictures! Love the grill!:) Kirsten

valurena said...

When we left, I must have been kind of quiet, because Gary said, "Do you miss her already?" I whined, "Uh huh!". :) I am definitely going to be knocking on your door more often!! I am so glad you are now only 3 1/2 hours away!!! Lucas told my mom today all about Maggie and that she was now his new best friend ... ;)