Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Easter pictures

We have been loving this 80 degree weather, so Saturday after Maggie and I got back from running errands, we all headed to Lowes to get some flowers and landscaping stuff. We spent along time outside, but with Maggie and Owen helping it still isn't all finished. Joe put stone all around our flowerbeds which looks really nice. Yesterday I took the kids to the picture people to get their easter pictures taken. They looked so cute and both of them did really well. Owen surprisingly stood still and smiled at the same time for most all of his pictures. Here are some of the pictures, once again ignore the "zazzle" sign....and if anyone knows how I can get them off the site without that let me know!!































After pictures we grabbed some chick-fil-a for lunch and went to Joe's work to have lunch with him since he was having a busy day and would be late getting home. The kids were excited to see him and where he works. We didn't stay long so he could get back to work, but it was long enough for Owen to get daddy in his head and cry the entire way home for him! He is such a daddy's boy. I have been trying to get his bottle away from him for some time now, we were doing well until he was sick last week and I gave it to him so he would drink alot since he wasn't eating. Since then we are back to square one so we are back on our mission to get rid of the bottle before he turns 2! I asked Maggie what she thought yesterday, and she said, "mom, i only have one idea....give his bottles to santa for the baby reindeer." (which is what we did with her pacifiers) I thought it was so funny. Today we had MOPS and had a great time, the kids both had alot of fun and played great the whole time. I had fun with all the moms too and getting to know them better. Tommorow morning we are going with a few of them to the easter egg hunt at the library. We have 2 more easter egg hunts this weekend so hopefully this will give them some good practice!

The kids are down napping now, well Owen is napping, Maggie is playing. She has been sleeping less and less during naptime. She has to go to her bed (she's still in a crib) for 2 hours every afternoon and has always fallen asleep within the first hour, but the past few weeks she is still awake after playing in their for 2 hours, so I let her get up then. She did sleep 2 days this week but I guess she's just getting to where she doesn't need as much sleep. (of course she does sleep 13 hours a night too) Anyhow, as long as she gives me that time I don't mind if she plays or sleeps, and it's easeir for her to fall asleep at night too. Owen has been waking up about 5 am the past few nights wide awake wanting to play. He has been taking 4 hour naps in the afternoon so I am beginning to think I need to shorten those a bit maybe. He goes back to bed as soon as I give him a bottle though and ussualy doesn't wake up until 9, which lets me have a nice morning! Well, I am going to get some laundry done before they get up and we head back outside.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Absolutely gorgeous Easter pics! They are the cutest!
:) Kirsten