Thursday, April 26, 2007

And then there were 2.....


So, the fish have met up to my expectations. We started out with 6 a little over a week ago and as you can see, there are only 2 who are belly down now. I thought fish floated to the top when they died, but this little guy died on the bottom and stayed there. 3 of the 4 died from natural causes, the other died at the hands of Joe. Not on purpose of course, he was cleaning out their bowl and put the fish in the sink filled with water while he changed the water. Well, the plug wasn't tight enough and one little guy just slipped right down the drain. The two we have left seem to be holding on, but if I don't get to Walmart soon they are gonna starve to death. Maggie and her buddies somehow "misplaced" the fish food and I have yet to find it so they haven't eaten in about...oh, 4 days. Joe tried to improvise last night, he found in the internet they eat red lettuce so he put some in the tank but it is still there today so I guess they aren't that hungry yet.

We have had fun this week, Tuesday we had "mommy and me" and had a picnic at the wildlife park in frankfort. It was alot of fun, there were bears, wildcats, snakes, turtles and other animals native to KY. Maggie and Owen really liked it and had fun with all the other kids. I was glad to find out about it since it's free it is a great place to have so close when you want to go do something cheap that the kids will like. We have hung out with our friends down the street quite a bit this week. They all play really well together. After they left the other day Maggie was telling me how Kylie could read things to her and I told her that is because Kylie is in school. Maggie said she wished she could get big and go to school. She told me it was taking her way to long to get big. My response was, "Oh sweetheart, it isn't taking nearly long enough." She just looked at me, clueless what I meant, and smiled. She is about to get her first little taste of independence though, we are about to move her into a big bed. (i know, i know, she will be 4 in october) She is perfectly happy in her crib still and it keeps her in bed without any fights though. But the past few weeks I have heard thuds in her bed at night and come to find out she is getting a bit big for her bed and when she turns she bumps the sides. So I have the frames to convert her to a full size, got her new beddding adn now we just need to get her mattress and she will be set. I thought she'd be more excited but she doesn't seem to care much about it.
Joe took the kids to chuck e cheese for lunch on monday while I was at the doctor. They had so much fun there and even got enought tickets to get a gumball machine, which they LOVE! Neila and I took the kids swimming at the FAC today. They all had so much fun and I can't wait until the outdoor pool opens so I can actually get some sun while playing with them. Everyone is napping now, there is a big storm on the way so I think i am gonna just relax while I can.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Get Maggie one of those fighter fish. I forget their actual name but Jaden has had one for over a year and those little suckers just seem to last.

Megan H.

Anonymous said...

Feed those suckers.