Monday, May 12, 2008

Happy Mothers Day!

We had a very fun mothers day weekend. Friday night we went out with our friends Shannon and Preston and their girls to a japanese steak house. The kids had fun and the food was delicious. Saturday we didn't do much. Joe worked outside most of the day and I just got things done inside while the kids went back and forth. We decided to have a cookout and bonfire that night so Shannon and Preston and their girls and Nick Neila and Carson came over and cooked hot dogs and smores with us. The kids all ran wild most of the evening and had so much fun. Maggie enjoyed roasting the marshmallows....although she wasn't about to eat one!















Sunday morning we got up and headed to church. The kids came in and brought me my mothers day cards and a total surprise.....a day at the spa gift certificate, complete with a one hour facial, one hour massage, pedicure and manicure. How wonderful of a husband do I have! I was so surprised, and he hadn't even read my last blog. :) Now I just need to get it scheduled and not put it off for months like I did last time. Maggie looked really cute for church and loved showing off her new dress.














Here are the kids and I on Mothers Day. I LOVE them so much.













After church we came home and let the kids nap, and I napped as well. I haven't taken a long nap for along time and it felt so great. When we were all up we headed to Louisville for dinner. We were heading to the cheesecake factory but the 2 hour wait sent us settling for California Pizza Kitchen. It was really rainy and cold so we went to a few stores and back home for bedtime. I had a great day and am so thankful for my 3 wonderful kids that I get to be mommy to.
And being mothers day I also am thankful for my mom. I have one of the best moms ever. I can honestly say I never get tired of spending time with her. I don't think we have ever had a "mother daughter" spat (at least not since I was a teenager). I always enjoy spending time with her and I pray that someday when my kids are grown that they feel about me the way I feel about her. I love you so much mom!


Monday I got to see mom, Amanda and Dad as they were heading back from Atlanta where Amanda has been in a show. We met up in Lexington for several hours and got to visit. The kids were so happy to see them. Amanda of course went into the kidzone and played with them, which they loved. Amanda also had fun playing with Josie and getting her to talk and smile.














Josie showed Amanda how much she loved her by puking right down her shirt which was quite funny....and if you know my sister it's even funnier.
Maggie was quite the MiMi girl that day and was not happy that mimi was not coming home with us nor was she going to her house. Anyhow, we had a really fun visit with them, and I got some cute pictures that day.





















Last week Neila Susan kept the kids for me and brought Owen spiderman stickers. Later that day I was in the other room and he yelled at me to come see something. When I got in the room he says, "Look what I did for you mommy, do you love it?" It was so cute because I really think he thought I loved his spiderman stickers on my couch as much as he did.


\\






















And lastly, here are a few pictures of Owen the other morning at breakfast. I thought he looked as cute as could be.






















And a few of Josie at 3 months so you can all see how much she's growing.


3 comments:

Amanda said...

i'm so sad. i miss them so much. they are the most adorable kids in the world! tell them aunt amanda loves them.

Anonymous said...

I love all the pictures - I'm glad you had a great Mother's Day!
Wendy

Anonymous said...

Meg, I also am very thankful for the good relationship that we have had thru the years. Being a mom has brought me great joy and now being a Mimi is the icing on the cake. I love you and enjoy every minute I get to spend with you and the kids.