I cannot believe my little boy is 3 years old. Time is going by WAY too fast. He is definetly a handfull, but a wonderful handful! He is such a little boy, he always has Joe and I cracking up at things he says and does. His birthday was last Wednesday, but we had his party this past weekend. On his birthday we took cupcakes to "free lunch" at the park for all his friends.
I made Lightening McQueen ones which were so cute, but I totally forgot to get a picture of them. They sang happy birthday to him and he loved that. All day people would say, "happy birthday owen" and he'd just smile and say, "happy birthday." I told him it was his day and he got to pick what we did all day. So despite the 95 degree weather, which Maggie and I thought the pool sounded great, he wanted to go play at the park....it was his day, so we went to the park.
That evening I asked him what his wanted to dinner and he said Chuck E Cheese. So pizza it was.
They had alot of fun and insisted on playing all the games themselves, so we didn't end up with many tickets.:)
Josie enjoyed it was well and loved watching Maggie and Owen play all the games.
Thursday we spent the day at home getting ready for Owen's party. I cleaned house and went to the store and began making the icing for his cake. Joe's parents and Amanda came up Thursday so the kids had lots of attention. Friday Amanda and I took them to the pool which they loved. Maggie has talked all week about when Amanda got to come to the pool with her so she enjoyed it. Joe and Larry came for awhile and then took Owen home before we left so Maggie really loved having that one on one Amanda time. Mom and Dad came up Friday and I spent the evening making Owen's cake.
Owen's party was Saturday and was so much fun.
We had a house full, some of my family came up from WV, friends from Lexington, and friends from here so we had alot of fun. Owen was a great birthday boy, and just like last year enjoyed his birthday fully. He especially loved being sang happy birthday to, he gets the cutest smile during this.
I made some games to let the kids play....pin the spiderman on the spiderweb and musical spiderwebs. I was making the webs earlier this week for the games and Joe sort of laughed. I asked him if he thought it was goofy and he said, No...I just don't think any kids nowdays know about pin the tail on the donkey or musical chairs.
Well my games were a total hit. The kids loved them, espically musical spiderwebs. I am going to keep the webs for a fun game this winter. Musical spiderwebs came down to Maggie and Owen and they both were going for the gold as they dove on the web when the music stopped.
I had gotten a spiderman piniata, Joe was carrying it outside to hang up and must have stepped on one of the strings while walking because all of the candy fell out all over the kitchen floor.
The kids didn't seem to mind and jumped right in to get the candy.
Owen had fun opening gifts and we definetly have our fair share of spiderman toys now so he has stayed pretty busy playing the past few days.
I made him a spiderweb cake and put his spiderman and venom figures on top. He loved his cake but prefered it without the men on it. He told me it was pefect with just the web.
We had a great day and thanks so much to everyone who helped us celebrate.
Here are Connall, Josie and Molly...the future 1 year olds. Josie was having quite a crazy hair day!
Here is Owen and his best buddy Bella.
He told me at church last week that if anyone took his hat from him he would tell Bella because she was really good at taking things from mean people. Then he said, " Bella is my hero mom." They are so cute together.
Maggie did very well at the party despite it being Owen's day. She had implied a few times through the week that she wished her birthday was in July so I wasn't sure how she'd be when he was the star....but she did well. She loves her little brother...when he will let her!
I think that this was the only time Josie slept the entire day!
So we had a great weekend....here are some pics of the kids with family as everyone was leaving.
3 comments:
Love the birthday pictures Meg! We had a blast! Its always fun to hang out with your family. I felt like we were back at Poplar Point, sans the Bradford crew.
We loved the cake and Carlyn keeps talking about the pinata that "exploded" in the kitchen. After looking at these pictures, Carlyn asked, "by the way, where is all my candy from Owen's party?" I don't have the heart to tell her that Mommy ate the rest of it!
PS. You looked terrific! You don't look like you've had 1 baby, let alone 3!!!
_-Kirsten
I was just looking at these pictures again and Josie looks so much like your mom in the couch picture where she is sitting between Conall and Molly.
-K
Must be the crazy hair!!!
Post a Comment