This week has been hot hot so far. The kids are always glad to cool off with some popsicles. It has supposed to have stormed the past 2 days but nothing has ever come of that.
We haven't done much aside from free lunch since this is the last week for it. School starts back here The first week of August so we will have the pool to ourselves pretty much that month.
Josie will be 6 months next week....so she'll get to start eating something other than just my milk. I think she'll be ready, but we will see. She has been out of sorts for Josie the past few days. Not sure if it's teeth or the fact that I have been trying to sleep train her somewhat. She is a great baby but with us running so much she isn't such a great sleeper...at least at home in her bed. I am trying to work on it a little with her so that once fall is here she will be a little more scheduled.
As far as the water goes....I had a major accident this past weekend. I still can't believe I did this as it is very not like me. Of course these days with the 3 kids it seems to be more me. Sunday morning we got up and were going to head to Lexington for lunch with mom, dad, PK, Jim, Lori, JR, TJ, and Jarod on their way home. I ran myself some bath water and went to get the kids dressed. Well, 30 minutes later I remembered my bath water....which was still running. About the time I remembered, Dad had gone downstairs to get ready and comes running back up saying there was water everywhere coming from the ceiling. So, needless to say we had a huge mess. Since I have had experience in flooded basements before, I knew to call service master and they have been out here the past few days drying out our bedrooom, closet and most of our basement. It just so happens that all of our media stuff is right under our master bath so our flat screen and WII were soaked as well. But we think they are actually going to be fine. I have to say I have an awesome husband as he never said anything about the whole thing, aside from, "don't worry about it. It was an accident and I love you much more than my TV." I must be honest in saying that my reaction had it been his accident would not have been nearly as understanding. But hopefully this can be a lesson to me that accidents do happen and that is what they are.....accidnets. So I need to be nicer when others have them.
3 comments:
good lesson learned. i'm glad you have joe too :)
Oh man, I was just thinking about that flooded basement the other day. I will never forget walking into your house to make sure everything was ok for the realator and just smelling the water!
OK, I've been thinking it since Feb, but I haven't said anything. I never think babies look like anyone- but I believe Josie is the striking image of the Wygal/Reed family. I see Barb's kid picture everytime I look at her! It is such a wonderful person to think of everytime!
Post a Comment