Friday, October 24, 2008

And the party continues....

We had Maggie's birthday at preschool on Wednesday since Monday I was busy with the chef party. I made cookies in the shape of 5 and iced them in pink and orange. It was orange day at school and I was going to do them all in orange but Maggie was pretty insistent on having some of them pink so we compromised. Mom being here this week was awesome....makes me wish she lived next door even more! I was able to do things alone that I usually cannot, such as Maggie's party. I was able to go by myself and spend time with maggie in her room without Owen and Josie which Maggie loved. Maggie got to say the prayer adn it was so sweet. She thanked Jesus for her mommy, daddy, brother and sister. Her toys, the food she has, and "just everything you bless us with!."








It was fun to see her interact with her friends and hang out with her. She wanted me to read stories to she and her friends and show me everything. I took it all in as I am sure it won't be long before mommy being at school isn't so cool anymore. :(
Her teacher is so sweet and Maggie really likes her.








Maggie got to blow out a candle and get in the birthday box as well so it was a big day for her!


















Tuesday I took Josie to the doctor to check out a place under her arm. Once again, it was just Josie and I which was a nice change from the usual me and 3 kids fitting into a tiny exam room! She has what appears to be a very bad case of yeast in her arm pit. It has been there her whole life pretty much (all 81/2 months) but recently gotten pretty bad so I went to the dermatologist who prescribed a stronger antifungal. And wouldn't ya know it 3 days later it's so much better! In the meantime though, she has somehow transferred it to me while nursing, along with her biting episode she had while nursing last week. I am in quite a bit of pain needless to say and put off calling the doctor until too late today so I am at the mercy of Josie's appetite until Monday when I can hopefully get something called in for myself! Each nursing session is a MAJOR labor of love.

Mom headed home Wednesday afternoon which left me just one night home alone as Joe came home Thursday. The kids had fun with her and both enjoyed the one on one time they got with her while the other was at preschool.

















Josie has begun eating cheerios and it is so cute. She has an awesome pincer grasp but if she has her paci in she picks it up and just holds it next to her mouth. It's like she hasn't figured out that she has to take it out first.. Too funny.
Last Friday I took the kids to Trick or Treat at the Louisville Zoo. It was really fun and a neat place for the kids to go. Although none of the animals are out so I thought that was a little weird since it was "at the zoo." Anyhow, the kids loved it and got a small preview of what trick or treating entails....candy. Owen spent the entire night with his head down in his bag. Josie was just along for the ride.


















The kids all were pirates which was Maggie's idea.






















The zoo is set up into different areas, such as the wizard of oz area, princess, etc. We came to the Alice in Wonderland part and Maggie saw Alice. She said, "Mommy, take my picture with Alisson." I said, "who?" She said, "You know, Allison." and pointed to her. I said, "Oh, you mean Alice in Wonderland?" And she says, "Yes Mommy, Allison Wonderland." I cracked up and didn't tell her any different, so here she is with Allison Wonderland.

















We went to the zoo with my friend Shelia and her kids. So Maggie and Owen were thrilled that they got to spend the evening with Isaac, Nicole, and Julia. Owen was hand in hand with one of the girls, or both, all evening.











Here are some more pictures from our trick or treat at the zoo.
































Joe got home yesterday and the kids had open house at preschool in the evening so we all headed out to that. We got to see their rooms and all the stuff they have been doing, plus meet all their friends. (Which we already know since we are friends with all their parents!) They both were so proud showing us everything in their room.
Before Joe left he told Owen that when he got back from Mexico he would paint Owens face up like a clown with this clown kit Owen got. Well, he has waited all week to do this so tonight when Joe got home from work they went to town. Here was the end result.



















Owen loved it for about 20 minutes. Then he said it itched his face and he wanted it off. Maggie and Owen then took turns painting Joe's face....



















Luckily it all came off before his indoor soccer game tonight.

Tommorow we are headed to Lexington in the afternoon for Carlyn and Connall's halloween party so we will have fun pictures from there to show!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

oh my gosh, i have never seen a cuter clown! owen never wants to hold my hand that much :( i can't wait 2 c u all on sat!!! tell the kids be ready to play.