She had fun with everyone and enjoyed opening her gifts.
Mom got her a new coat that was leopard print and she wanted to try it right on.
She looked so cute in it.
Of course her dinner of choice was potato soup, and I made beef and chicken bbq's to go with it. We all enjoyed being together and Joe and Isaac had fun hanging out together since they hadn't seen each other for awhile.
Owen was very excited about cake and ice cream time and was so cute when I brought out Maggie's cake.
He began singing happy birthday to her all by himself.
Josie enjoyed getting so much attention and is so so close to crawling. She gets up on all fours and just rocks trying to figure out how to move.
On the kitchen floor she is quite mobile though as she is able to slide where she wants to go.
My cousin Jay has been in Louisville the past few weeks working so he got to come out Saturday evening and hang out with us. It was so good to visit with him and as my sister said on her blog...he is so funny. He seems to like Louisville so I am hoping he will come visit again and bring the rest of his family!
Amanda came in late that night (after midnight) and got up bright and early (6ish) to go run her first half marathon in Louisville the next morning.
I took the kids around 10 to watch her cross the finish line, which she did in record time! You did great sis! They thought it was so neat and Owen really wanted to run with her. I was in awe at the hundreds of people who got up so early to go run! There must be something to it since so many people enjoy running....I just haven't found out what that something is I guess. :)
Anyhow, the kids wanted to stretch out with Amanda afterwards and followed her around the whole time like little ducklings.
After the marathon, we met up with my cousin Jay at Cheesecake Factory for lunch. Joe had to head out early though since he flew out to Mexico for the week. We shopped around a little after that and then headed back home to get ready for party #2. Mom stayed the week with me while Joe was gone and Amanda stayed through Monday night so she could be there for maggie's chef party (kid party).
I had her party Monday afternoon and it turned out perfect. The kids all got aprons and hats when they got there.
My plan was to have them decorate them but when I looked at my fabric paint it said to let it sit 4 hours to dry so I decided to pass on the apron painting since I was pretty sure her party wouldn't last 4 hours!
The kids began by making their own pizzas with sauce, cheese, and pepporoni. It was so funny to see how they made them. They all liked this and all but 2 (Maggie being one of them, surprise) ate all of their pizza after it was cooked.
After pizza making and eating it was time to play pin the pepporoni on the pizza.
Amanda pulled through for me and made the rest of my felt pepporonis right before this and the game turned out really cute.
We moved along to singing happy birthday and cake and ice cream after this.
I made a cake for Maggie that looked like a pizza and put it in a pizza box.
It was a little last minute so it wasn't as good as I would have liked it to be, but she was very happy with it and it was eaten up so it must have tasted great.
The last thing I let them do was decorate their cakes. I told them they were not to eat their cupcakes as I had little bakery boxes for them to take their cakes they made home with them. I coudln't believe that out of 12 kids not a one even took a bite of their cupcakes! They all went home with them.
The cake decorating was quite an experience. I seperated their sprinkles/candy out so they each had their own, I am not sure how many sprinkles ended up on my floor (all of Owens I am sure of!) but the bottom of my socks were covered! I had several great moms there that were great help and by the time the party was over you would have never known that 12 kids just made pizza and cake in my house by looking at my kitchen floor....it was spotless!
The party ended with the kids getting their treat tins, which included play doh, cookie cutters, rolling pin, tootsie rolls, and a recipe for making edible play dough.
It was alot of fun, and I was so glad mom and amanda got to be there and meet all Maggie's friends...not to mention how much help they were as they played with the kids all day while I got ready for the party! Thanks guys!
Maggie was so glad all her friends got to come and was very happy with her gifts. This is the first year I have allowed her to have barbies and she got quite a bit so she was thrilled with that! As I put her to bed that night she said, "Mommy, this was the best party ever. I loved it...your the best mommy. Thank you" So that made it very worth all the time getting things in order.
A maggie funny....she was playing with a barbie she got that is a swimming barbie, with mom. She told mom she didn't know how to get the "googles" off the barbie. Mom asked what she meant and she pointed to the barbie "goggles." How funny!
We wished Amanda could have stayed all week too but she had to get back to being an actress! The kids all loved having her here.
Here are Maggie and Owen right before the party began....all ready to cook!
As I said, we have partied all week so this was not the end of the partying. I will post more later!
No comments:
Post a Comment