Here are the kids pictures with their names in the sand.
Owen was very content in the sand but somehow I forgot to let him pack some cars to play with which I know he'd of loved. He did have his motorcycle which he had fun driving through the sand.
I guess laying down and driving cars is a little boy thing as I can remember my cousin TJ doing this when he was this age. I think it is so cute....although I am still getting sand out his ears! Another thing Owen LOVED was getting buried in the sand.
I bet we did this a dozen times over. He wanted to be buried and then we would say....."no spiderman, there are no bad guys here." And he would come up out of the sand like he was sandman and chase Maggie.
Maggie got buried once but wasn't so crazy about getting the sand all over her. She preferred to walk around gathering "pretty" shells.
Joe also seemed to enjoy the shell searching and between them both they had qutie the collection.
We all had fun in the lazy river and the kids...even Josie, liked it too.
And no matter where we go on vacation we can't seem to get away from Caterpillar!
We were out on the beach and here comes these two big CATS digging up some hole in the sand. Joe and Owen were quite intrigued with watching the digging.
Josie was so funny in the sand. Mom would cover her legs up with it. Here she is investigating what is all over her legs.
And here she is just looking cute.
Here are the kids enjoying the sand and water...

Here are Amanda and Maggie having fun and pretending to get dug up.
We had great meals everynight which we all enjoyed...well except Maggie. :) Owen is qutie the spoiled eater already at the age of 3. He is the best eater ever...seriously I say cooking for him is like cooking for my dad....very enjoyable because whatever you put on his plate he is happy with and always says, "mmmm, this is delicious." He is qutie the steak lover already and knows how he likes it. I ordered a steak one night and it had been cooked well done even though I ordered it medium. I cut some up for Owen and he took a bite and made a funny face. He said, "I want more steak, but I want it soft." So he is going to be quite expensive to feed in several years as his favorite steak is filet. :) He always listens quite well when the servers tell you what the specials, drinks, and desserts are. One night we were at a restaurant and the server told us the drinks they had and Owen just listened as he went through them all. The server had mentioned a strawberry daiquiri. After he was done Owen looked around and said, 'I'll have the strawberry one!" So here he is with his "strawberry daiquiri."
Mom and Dad got Owen a spiderman kite and it was pretty windy while we were there so Joe and Owen tried it out. They got it up pretty quickly but the wind was so strong Joe said the sand was hitting them so hard Owen was ready to come in after a bit.
We went one night and let the kids do the bungee jump again since they loved it last year.
This year Maggie was able to do a back flip all by herself which was quite a big accomplishment. Owen was bound and determined to do one as well but was not quite strong enough to get over on his own.
The man helped him do a few flips though. They both thought this was alot of fun.
Seeing all the fun Joe and Amanda couldn't be left out and as things usually are with the two of them it was a contest.
They both drew in quite a crowd and their biggest fan was Josie. Here she is watching her daddy go up and down.
She kept cracking up at him.
We went and ate at Joe and Dad's favorite, the Brazillian steak house one night.
I think it's now Owen's favorite too.
He ate up as there were about 20 different kinds of meat. Mom took Maggie to the salad bar, which was unbelivable (and i don't much like salad) and she came back with a roll and some croutons. :) If she keeps her eating habits up she will make some boy a really cheap date someday.
A highlight of my trip is that Josie began saying Mama. It's more like "mamamamamamamama" but still yet, she's my first to say mama before dada. Although I must admit she is quite the daddy's girl and gets all smiles when Joe walks in the room. He is pretty smitten with her as well. :)
3 comments:
The kids look so cute at the beach! Josie and her little baby legs in her bathing suit are one of the cutest things I've ever seen. Durell has never been to Myrtle... perhaps someday we'll have a whole Wygal family trip again!
Love the pictures Meghan -that bungee jumping looks like fun!
Wendy
hhhmmm...me thinks i've seen some of those pics before. perhaps on another blog.
Post a Comment