I have been talking more to the kids latley about "serious" issues latley over breakfast. I am trying to teach them scriptures, and what the Bible says about how we should live our daily lives. Latley I have been talking to them about Satan and how bad he is, yet how he can try to get into our lives and get us to do things by making them look good. I gave them different examples and they both were listening intently soaking it all in. I told them it was like "a wolf in sheep's clothing" and began to explain to them what this meant. Well, we began then talking about other topics and Owen just sat eating his yogurt and not saying much. Several minutes later he pipes up, "So Mommy, when do you think that Wolf is going to take his costume off?"
A few weeks ago I talked to the kids about lying and why it is wrong. I told them the saying, "what a tangled web we weave when first we practice to decieve." I explained to them what it meant and used the words "spider webs" to explain how your lies get all tangled up and you don't even remember where they first began. Anyhow, later that day I was asking the kids about what we had talked about earlier to see if they had gotten any of what I said. Maggie was right on and had obviously gotten the majority of our conversation. She was telling me why lying was wrong when Owen joins in, " yeah mom, it's bad to lie and if you do...these spider webs come down on you and cover you!"
OHhh, Owen. Anyhow, I know Owen is listening to me.....and I am glad Maggie is getting something from my lessons. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment