Sunday, June 28, 2009

County Fair and Iphones

So my heading isn't exactly 2 things you would say together that often huh. :) Well that is pretty much what sums up our past weekend. I have been in need of a new cell phone for awhile and Joe has been at me to get the iphone. I am not really a huge technology person and thought I wouldn't want to fool with all that it comes with but finally I gave into him and looked at it in the store. It seemed pretty cool so last weekend I ended up getting one. And after a few days of he and Maggie hogging it I finally got my hands on it and I must say I now LOVE it. I have yet to figure it all out, but it is quite a handy phone. All the pictures on this post were taken with the phone so you can see it takes pretty good pictures as well.
After getting my phone we headed to the Shelby county fair with Nick, Neila, and Carson.







It was.....interesting. Let's just say it makes the Putnam County Fair seem like Disney. :) The kids watched some horses race and then we went to let them ride a few rides. All of the ride workers looked like, well.."Chesters", if you know what I mean. (And I DON'T mean my former pastor) Joe became quite the protective father at this point and insisted on taking the kids into each ride and strapping them in himself and finally walking away once the worker had gone back to his stand. One guys said to him, "I really prefer to put the kids in myself" to which Joe replied, "yeah, I bet you do. But I will be putting my kids in and getting them out."











The kids were not overly impressed.....I am sure Maggie was thinking, "what the heck is this" after riding all the roller coasters at Disney.

We let them play a few games where Maggie actually won and got a stuffed dog. (Which no, we did not keep. My lice fettish is WAY to high to keep a county fair toy) The kids then wanted to go back to the church parking lot across the street where they had FREE face painting, snow cones, cotten candy, etc. So that is what we did. Josie didn't have much fun at the fair as I kept her locked up in her stroller the whole time.

Here are some pictures from our evening...











Saturday I cleaned house all day while Joe took the kids swimming. That evening we all went to Walmart and the kids all got little bowls of dippin dots ice cream. Well, Joe of course let Josie have her own and in the short 10 minute drive home here is what she managed to do.....


2 comments:

Rhea said...

I actually see Mimi in Josie, does anyone say this?

Meghan said...

Everyone! She looks just like her doesn't she. :)